I guess most of you have funny stories from your school days (including those of you that are still at school). What do you remember that you personally did in class or around the school that was funny or unusual enough to mention ?

I rarely look back at my school days, but sometimes a few events come back to my mind, like this morning.

When I was 6, my parents send me to catechism lessons with my classmates after school. It was taught by an old spinster, and already at that age I found those ideas about religion so ridiculous, incoherent and illogical that I quickly developed a strong dislike for my new lessons. I was living in the countryside at that time, and we walked to school by ourselves as it wasn't so far. One day, I dressed up in my best military uniform, took my favourite fake gun (remember I was 6!), and set off to my catechism class, determined to shock the old spinster.

I was otherwise a very good, disciplined and well-mannered child in my school days. This might have come as a surprised when at the age of 16, I plotted with some friends how to make fun of one of our teachers and got the brilliant idea to bring a walkman with some small loudspeakers and conceal it in my bag. I have to mention that it was a top-drawer secondary school, with strict rules. In the middle of the lesson, I "accidentally" pressed the "play" button, and by the greatest coicidence, it started playing Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall just as they shouted "Hey! Teachers! Leave them kids alone!". Everybody had a good laugh, except the teacher that scowled at me, but I apologised and nothing happened, as I had a good reputation.

Your turn !