35. You may not vote on this poll
  • World peace for at least a generation

20 57.14%
  • 1 million US$

1 2.86%
  • 1 million is not enough, I'd go for 1 billion US$

14 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you choose Peace or Money ?

have to go with peace. im sorta empathic, and i cant stand to see ppl or animals for that matter suffer for reasons they cannot control.
    I JUST SHOT SMACK INTO BOTH MY EYEBALLS, WHOOOAAAHHH!!!!!, BLAAARGGGG.....

I went for $1 billion. The only way to have "world peace" would be to make everyone mindless zombies (I often make reference to The Time Machine when I'm debating with somebody). $1 billion would be more than enough to bring peace and happiness to those that matter to me.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday
    You'll see
    Until the last bell ringing the dirge completes
    ~*~ Gackt - Redemption ~*~

...Myspace. Gotta love it...

You SPAM/We BAN !

A Miracle.....

would be needed for peace to ever come about. I think the only possible hope would be an invader from space we could all hate and kill togeather.
    Think of all the poor people in the weapons trade who would be out of work and suffering without our daily dose of hate & death.

Frank

TAKE WHAT I SAY WITH A GRAIN OF SUGAR !!
    I USED TO BE FUNNY, BUT MY WIFE HAD ME NEUTERED!

Peace (I assume here we are discussing some utopian concept of "world peace" here) or money? I dunno....it would kinda depend on "what kind of peace" and "how much money" wouldn't it?

The Soviet gulag's insured guests would get a certain amount of peace...but it wasn't any fun to be there. When we are all bending under the same whip, we would certainly be peaceful folks, wouldn't we? Peace I want, but always ask at what price. I can tell you that there has not been a lot of peace in my lifetime. Even in those times when I thought we had peace, there was not peace everywhere. And there is no peace like the peace of the DEAD, but I dunno if I wanna go there before my time to find out how good it is.

Soooooooo....we come to "money."

Since we are "blue skying" this, let's say it would hafta be a LOT of cash. More than I could possibly load into my Bronco, I will tell thee that! We are talking about a big, big, number here, ladies and gentlemen. A big, big, big number. If I had it, y'all would each get a new car just for shaking my hand. It may be a Yugo, but it would be a NEW Yugo.

Wow! I guess that makes me a materialistic, reactionary, parasite! Don't worry, though. It ain't ever gonna happen.

Well, I used to want to save the whales. Does that get me any points? Not in Japan, I'll bet. Oh, well! *big grin* Whatchagonnado?

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan Flashjeff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. White
    would be needed for peace to ever come about. I think the only possible hope would be an invader from space we could all hate and kill together.
    Hmm! Wasn't that basically the plot of "Independence Day"?

Think of all the poor people in the weapons trade who would be out of work and suffering without our daily dose of hate & death.
    Indeed! We can't afford to have more people out of work if we didn't have weapons and stuff to build!

"It's better to try and fail than to never try at all."
    -Jeffrey C. Branch, crackpot philosopher

Interested in old school J-Pop? Please visit my website:
    Pink Lady: The Website!

Many thanks to Ayu-youkou for this mondo cool banner!

pLaTfOrM wOoBiE bOoTs necrozombie's Avatar
    i feel kinda bad to admit it..

but i'd take the money. :x 1 billion is fine with me. i also agree that peace is definately overrated.
    "i'm not your type. i'm not inflatable."
    "you can't have manslaughter without laughter

I'm not fat...just fluffy mizerable_d's Avatar
    1 billion bucks is nice for me
    ‘ˆÐ#1!

well look at it realistically, peace on earth (as in no fighting what so ever) is never going to happen no matter what you do. Someone is always going to get pissed off about something and threaten to blow someone up.

So I would take the money (hehe) use a massive chunk of it to try and better conditions in the world and then use a little bit to look after me and the ones i love
    When it comes down to it the art and sport of Kendo is a question, "I'm going to hit you in the head with a stick, but can you hit me first?" - Me

Co-owner: Jovesca Records jovial_jon's Avatar
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole thing, but one of the options is peace, yet people are saying 'peace could never happen'. But isn't that the point of the question; saying that we can have peace, regardless of how likely it is? Oh well, whatever.
    The biggest problem with being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume that you're pretentious.

Just give me enough money - with enough money, you can buy peace, at least for a big part of the world.
    True 100% world peace will probably never happen, that's quite unrealistic - I'll agree with jieshi there.

man i would take 1billion$$ its in human nature to fight and have war we have been doing it sence the dawn of man and sure peace would be nice but the world would not work right, we kill animals for food we kill each other because we cant get along so im just looking at it the truth world peace will most likey never happen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12