Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JREF Community now more populous than 11 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    Sorry, I thought you were referring to the flags and other JREFLand ideas. :
    Well that, too, Maciamo. But then my imagination kicked in, from the flag and the rest to Wanderlust! I'm the one who should be sorry! :
    I also considered this, so I think it is better to fuse both communities. Ideally, I'd like that users be able to choose to see the "new posts" either for Japan, or for Europe (or both), but Thomas has to tackle this kind of technical issues, and I am not sure whether it is possible at all or not.

What we could do is separate the picture galleries for Japan and Europe - but that requires to purchase yet another new licence...
    Wow, you got that thread going already. It sounds like a good concept, so let's hope, Thomas permitting, the funding shall be provided by then. Thank you, Maciamo. I gave you some hard time, didn't I!
    Last edited by lexico; Jan 24, 2005 at 15:18.
    Z: The fish in the water are happy.
    H: How do you know ? You're not fish.
    Z: How do you know I don't ? You're not me.
    H: True I am not you, and I cannot know. Likewise, I know you're not, therefore I know you don't.
    Z: You asked me how I knew implying you knew I knew. In fact I saw some fish, strolling down by the Hao River, all jolly and gay.

--Zhuangzi

Quote Originally Posted by lexico
    It sounds like a good concept, so let's hope, Thomas permitting, the funding shall be provided by then. Thank you, Maciamo. I gave you some hard time, didn't I!
    It isn't a matter of funding (which both Thomas and I decide), but of technical feasibility.

Visit Japan for free with Wa-pedia
    See what's new on the forum ?
    Eupedia : Europe Guide & Genetics
    Maciamo & Eupedia on Twitter

"What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Custom Graphix Artist Martialartsnovice's Avatar
    @Maciamo:
    Hey, I have an idea for the flag. it would use your merged flag, but in the center, we could put the kanji for revolution. Its just a thought, and btw If you want help, with hte travel guides, I can try to help you with it. if ya want my help, just PM me, with what you want done, and I can try to do it.
    gTo every man there comes a time in his lifetime that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a very special thing unique to him and fitted to his talent; what a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour.h

Sir Winston Churchill

Update : the JREF community is now more populous than 15 countries. We have overtaken Anguila, Naura and Tuvalu as well.

Woooww that's soo cool!

I never saw this thread before. I think JREF is a monarchy. Maciamo and Thomas are king and er... king. Unless one of you guys fancies being queen?
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
    merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." - Leo Tolstoy

Currently playing: Agarest on PS3
    Currently reading: The Devil Rides Out by Dennis Wheatley

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuyoiko
    I never saw this thread before. I think JREF is a monarchy. Maciamo and Thomas are king and er... king. Unless one of you guys fancies being queen?
    If i get to rule a country, i'll be happy being the queen,

Oooo-errr! Hovering around and looking at all the VK has influenced you, maybe... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsao
    Oooo-errr! Hovering around and looking at all the VK has influenced you, maybe... ^_^
    maybe.... , haahaa , NEVER!! although i would like to wear a kilt sometime, ,

Great to see this thread come back on top. I am so proud of you, Jref !
    Jref forum

Threads: 18,739, Posts: 272,102, Members: 14,096, Active Members: 994
    Welcome to our newest member, Rak69
    I know it is a bad thing to compare in statistics, but this makes me even more proud because I am primarily, and formost, a Jref member !
    A third party chat forum of a lesser quality, (forgive me)

33,314 Registered users have made 628,213 posts in 52 forums. There are currently 27,016 topics.
    I have always valued quality over quantity; this is absolutely true !
    Jref is the cream of the crop !!!
    *sings, "I love what you do for me, J-forum~*

I want a dictatorship. As long as I can be minister of propaganda. We could have a nice black, tight, figure hugging uniform, with stockings and suspenders (For the men as well) with whips! Big, black, leather whips. Mmmmm whips I think my boundries of reality are slipping again
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

men in tights?!
    *with german accent* yeah, yeah
    maybe i should ask a chair in a security counsel? and we shall rewise your ideas before you propagate them.
    *i think shining black leather boots will feet me*
    but on the other hand, dictators usually end up pretty bad

Mycernius, I am coming to live in your "country of j-ref"!!! ..........

Where I'm Supposed to Be kirei_na_me's Avatar
    I would really like to live in this country of JREF. I think all of us should find some uninhabitied land somewhere and populate it.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Mike, it looks like you have a steady following, and it's growing, and growing...

I say let us make it a dictatorship of the proletariat, and I will be the leader. First order of business is to publicly execute all of those who are on my ignore list. Second order of business is to publicly execute all of those who oppose me. Third and find order of business, commit mass genocide and take over the world!

All joking put aside I think we should make it a republic like here in the States. At least then we will know the system will work.

Doc
    "Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you... if and when your time comes round again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Dr. Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of... well... I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime... this is where I get off." -G-man

Update : the JREF community is now more populous than 15 countries. We have overtaken Anguila, Naura and Tuvalu as well.
    Slowly yet surely, we are overtaking the world! One by one, countries shall fal-er...um-be united under the power of the JRefians!!!!

All the inhabited continents of all the world, united under one flag(i vote for the blue one). All of the world's diverse yet splendid people, combined in one great...uuhhh...PLACE!!!

I henceforth pledge my posting abilities to this wonderous cause that will surely one day be the greatest forum/nation ever to rule the planet!

P.S. What would be the national seal?
    I'm Back

Quote Originally Posted by Clawn
    P.S. What would be the national seal?
    This is the one !

A red, 3-dimensional tsuba (katana's guard) with 3 white cherry blossoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycernius
    I want a dictatorship. As long as I can be minister of propaganda. We could have a nice black, tight, figure hugging uniform, with stockings and suspenders (For the men as well) with whips! Big, black, leather whips.
    What about a kind a neo-spartan system where all citizens that have proved their valour in combat (or the art of debate in out case) are equal, but must commit to a strict code of conduct, and follow a harsh (mental, rather than physical) training. The Spartans also had two kings presiding, with the Gerousia (which for us is the moderation team, although the minimum age of 60 has been dropped), over the citizens. Our Sempai members (i.e. full citizen) have the right to partake in the Apella (what about making it our Community subforum ?)

Quote Originally Posted by lexico
    Mike, it looks like you have a steady following, and it's growing, and growing...
    We will soon put our kinky jackboots all over the world.
    What about a kind a neo-spartan system where all citizens that have proved their valour in combat (or the art of debate in out case) are equal, but must commit to a strict code of conduct, and follow a harsh (mental, rather than physical) training.
    What books do you recommend to strive for mental training?

Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto would be a good place to start.

Doc

Thus Spoke Zarathustra!

The Kama Sutra, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsao
    The Kama Sutra, of course.
    Now that would be an excellent book to follow by!

Doc

I want a dictatorship. As long as I can be minister of propaganda. We could have a nice black, tight, figure hugging uniform, with stockings and suspenders (For the men as well) with whips! Big, black, leather whips. Mmmmm whips I think my boundries of reality are slipping again
    Oh dear!

Pray , be careful of what you wish for .... !

A propaganda minister is sometimes a small, toothy guy with a limp, an oversized raincoat, an oversized hat, a domineering wife and a dubious future!

But ... the whips! ..... aaaah! ..... the whips!

Nein .... whoops! Sorry! No .... I'd rather like to be the personal secretary of the Putz ....whoops! .... Sorry! .... the great leader who will run us. (Maciamo?) Skulking in the background; never responsible, never accountable ..... but running the whole show .... perhaps ?

HaHaHA...HA! HA! - but I digress!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto would be a good place to start.
    Agreed!

To which I would add .... "Winnie the Pooh" ... and "The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire"

Yeah! .... Yeah! Let's get this 5ucker rollin' !

Jawohl! Mein Fuehre ..... whoops! Sorry!

Передне! ... whoops! ... There I go again!

... ano ........ JREF rules!

Yiiiiiiihaaaah!

ジョン
    Why have an electric toothbrush ... if you don't have electric teeth?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123