Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tokyo mulls ban on sex for kids

I agree with everyone who's mentioned sex ed really being the best way to stave the activity. I'm not so sure about sexual morals really changing all that much in Japan though - rather, the strength and pervasiveness of the sexualized media is swaying younger kids to become sexually active. The Japanese, insofar as I know, were always pragmatic and never prudish when it came to nudity or sex (since Christianity and the Bible haven't really shaped their culture or history).

As for sex ed lacking, it certainly (still) is in Ireland - and it was really nonexistent in the late 70's, when my husband attended high school. Abortion is, however, illegal here, so they haven't exact numbers (but I'd say the percentages would be akin to that in Japan, and although birth control is available, it's too expensive for the masses to afford, besides which it's strongly discouraged by the Church).

thats sad. im ashamed of the japanese oh well thats life but they cant stop it itll still happen no matter the law
    ok im sorry im sorry! its embarrsing ill get smaller pics or non at all happy?

what?
    we got a president that won't allow full-grown people to dance!
    ttp://www.tcvb.or.jp/

Pink Lady's Number #1 Fan Flashjeff's Avatar
    Banning kids from having sex. Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight. Tell me another one, daddy. That'll work just as well as Prohibition did in the States. If teens in Japan are even remotely like their counterparts anywhere in the world, if you tell them they can't have something, they'll break their bloody necks to get it, and sex, I'm sad to say, is no different.
    "It's better to try and fail than to never try at all."
    -Jeffrey C. Branch, crackpot philosopher

Interested in old school J-Pop? Please visit my website:
    Pink Lady: The Website!

Many thanks to Ayu-youkou for this mondo cool banner!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12