Wa-pedia Home > Japan Forum & Europe Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why become Japanese ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nurizeko View Post

Most foreigners living in Japan from my understanding find anime so-so at best, and have plenty of criticism of japan.

Are those foreigners,Americans or Europeans ?

私の意見を説明します

私のお父さんが、カナダに、一年間出張関係の理由で、 家族皆がここに過ごしに来たのです。  私達は、カナ ダに移民する目的はないのですが、この一年間英語を一 生懸命頑張って学ばなければいけないと皆に苛められる ので、私は大変苦労をしているので� る。 私の小学校 では、日本とカナダの異文化を相互理解しようとする相 手は非常に少なくて、私は日本に帰国した時に、白人達 に私を皆の仲間にしてくれなかった様に同じ目に合わし たいと思っているので� る。
    私はカナダに来て、勉強になったことは、自分の国を出 ると誰も自分の国の中見たいには受け入れてくれない事 で� るのです。 私は一日も早く日本に帰って、北野中 学校に入学したいのです。

Just out of curiosity, what is your native language, magoichisaika-san?
    *I love undrentide by Mediaeval Baebes*
    And here're my bloggies (JP) & (HU)

Non-Member
    Magoichisaika, if you truly are who you say you are then take this as a compliment, but you don't write like any elementary school student I've ever known, in English or in Japanese!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikawa Ossan View Post
    Magoichisaika, if you truly are who you say you are then take this as a compliment, but you don't write like any elementary school student I've ever known, in English or in Japanese!
    私が小学校六年生見たいに日本語でも、英語でも書けて ないと述べているのですか。 そうかも知れません。  この理由は私が日本からはなれているので、漢字、単語 、又は、文法の練習を� まりカナダでしてないからです 。 私が中学一年生に入学する時になると一年分の国語 の勉強を自分で皆に及ばなければいけないと思います。  それと、私の英語は、カナダ人と比べたら非常に下手 なのは分かっているのです。それでも、日本に戻ったら 高校性と同じぐらい英語ができるようになると思います 。

私は、勉強には� まり普通は弱くはないのですが、将来 に東京帝国大学に入学する夢を持っているのです。

貴方によると、私の英語と日本語のレベルは何年生ぐら いですが。 素直に答えてください。

Quote Originally Posted by magoichisaika View Post
    私が小学校六年生見たいに日本語でも、英語でも書けて ないと述べているのですか。 そうかも知れません。  この理由は私が日本からはなれているので、漢字、単語 、又は、文法の練習を� まりカナダでしてないからです 。 私が中学一年生に入学する時になると一年分の国語 の勉強を自分で皆に及ばなければいけないと思います。  それと、私の英語は、カナダ人と比べたら非常に下手 なのは分かっているのです。それでも、日本に戻ったら 高校性と同じぐらい英語ができるようになると思います 。
    貴方によると、私の英語と日本語のレベルは何年生ぐら いですが。 素直に答えてください。
    失礼ですが、� なたの書いていらっしゃる日本語は小学 生のものではなくて、
    内容も含めて戦前に生まれたかなりお年を召した方のも のにしか見えません。
    それも、よほど長い間日本語を話していないか、もしく は文章を書くことに全く慣れていないかどちらかの。
    だいたい小学生は「東京帝国大学」なんて戦前の名前は 知りませんよ。

translation
    by magoichisaika
    Are you stating that I cannot write like a six grade elementary school pupil neither in Japanese, or in English? The reason is I'm away from Japan, I don't do much practice of kanji, vocabulary, or grammar in Canada. When I'll be entering a junior high school (as a ) first grade student, I'll be in need of reaching my one year lot of Japanese language to others' level. I know my English is very poor compared with the Canadian. Yet I'm sure I'll be able to use English as well as a high school student when I'm back to Japan.
    Usually I'm not so weak about study, but I'm dreaming to enter Tokyo Imperial University in the future.
    According to you, which grade of elememtary school my English and Japanese belongs to? Please give me frank answer.

by undrentide
    Excuse me to say this, but the Japanese language you are using does not sound like something an elementary school child is writing but something written by an elderly person who was born before the war.
    And the person either has not spoken Japanese for quite a long time, or is not very much used to writing.
    Elementary school children should not know the name of "Tokyo Imperial University" which is the pre-war name (for today's "Tokyo University").
    Last edited by undrentide; Dec 5, 2006 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by undrentide View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is your native language, magoichisaika-san?
    日本語です。 私は国語の勉強は嫌いなのです。

日本語です。 私は国語の勉強は嫌いなのです。
    残念ながらどれも「国語の苦手な小学生」の書く文章で は� りませんね。
    それにところどころ、とても不自然ですよ。

translation

by magoichisaika
    Japanese. I don't like the study of Japnese.

by undrentide
    I'm sorry to say that none (of your posts) is what "an elementary school boy who is not good at Japanese" would write.
    And your Japanese is sometimes very unnatural (for a native speaker).
    Last edited by undrentide; Dec 5, 2006 at 21:22.

tsuyaku o tsukete kudasai nurizeko's Avatar
    Isnt there a Japanese language sub-forum for this kinda stuff?.

I dont mind Japanese in short bursts in posts or with a translation, but writing in just Japanese on the English part of the forum is very childish and rude, Yeah, I'm sorry I cant write or understand written Japanese, but neither can most here, and when we cant understand what someone is writing it can A) Be annoying and B) give the author a chance to write anything and we have no idea what it is.

それでも、日本に戻ったら高校と同じぐらい英語ができるようになると思います。
    I don't usually pick on people, honestly, but this is the weirdest kanji conversion I've ever seen in my life.
    What is your parents' native language, then?

Yeah, dream on.
    If only there were a university of that name in Japan.
    I know nicotine kills
    But quitting smoking kills me now - ELLEGARDEN

Sorry nurizeko. I added translation so that non-Japanese speakers can understand what's going on.

This poster insists he is an 11 years old Japanese boy but his Japanese language is extremely weired.
    1. Using difficult words and expressions which a boy of 11 years would never use
    2. what he is mentioning (about Japanese-American soldiers, Tokyo Imperial University, etc.) is something a 11 years old would not think of. It sounds as if he knows the Japan before/immediately after the WWII.
    3. yet there are many mistakes that even a elementary school pupil who is not good at writing or Japanese would not make

Normally I do not care so much about the poeple who falsify their identity, but he made such a disturbing statement as a Japanese about foreigners in Japan, I would like to know who he really is.
    I even beginning to think that he might be a Japanese immigrant himself to North America before the war or in 1940s/1950s.

Non-Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I have no idea who our new friend is, but I am quite convinced that he is not who he says he is.

On the off chance that he is telling the truth, then I truly feel bad for him, as he will obviously have a difficult time readjusting to Japanese society.

But to answer his question, I don't think he writes like an elementary school student of any age, either in Japanese or English. If I had to guess based purely on the content, word usage, etc. that I've seen up to now, I suppose I would guess high school at least, although my first impression was that you are not a native speaker of Japanese, but rather of English, based on your long post in another thread. Of course, I don't know, so I will withold judgement, but you really don't present yourself in a way that fits the identity you want us to accept.

Do I smell McTojo? Looks awefully a lot like him.
    ~ Parempi hullu kuin tylsä - Better crazy than boring ~
    http://www.fin-style.be/blog -> My Blog about Finland and other random thingies.

Non-Member
    If it is McTojo, you have to admit, he's really starting to get creative!

Banned

Magoichi Saika proven to be fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikawa Ossan View Post
    If it is McTojo, you have to admit, he's really starting to get creative!
    Hey, isn't Magoichi Saika a video game character in Samurai Warrior? He helps defend the Ikko Ikki army and Shoukei. Sorry fella, but there is no such man as Magoichi Saika in real life because that is one of the fictious characters. Nobunaga, Ishikawa Goemon, Hattori Hanzo, etc, all did truly exist, but not Magoichi Saika. Please google Magoichi Saika, and you will see yourself!

Why not become someone like Deguchi Onidesaburo the founder of Oomoto Kyo, or Okada Kotama of Sukiyo Mahikari?

Banned
    私のお父さんが、カナダに、一年間出張関係の理由で、 家族皆がここに過ごしに来たのです。  私達は、カナ ダに移民する目的はないのですが、この一年間英語を一 生懸命頑張って学ばなければいけないと皆に苛められる ので、私は大変苦労をしているので� る。 私の小学校 では、日本とカナダの異文化を相互理解しようとする相 手は非常に少なくて、私は日本に帰国した時に、白人達 に私を皆の仲間にしてくれなかった様に同じ目に合わし たいと思っているので� る。
    私はカナダに来て、勉強になったことは、自分の国を出 ると誰も自分の国の中見たいには受け入れてくれない事 で� るのです。 私は一日も早く日本に帰って、北野中 学校に入学したいのです。
    Even as an English lady, I could tell that this one came out straight out of Babblefish. It looks very unnatural, even for me. You need not be Japanese to figure this one out. I bet it is written by some old uneducated bloke living in some senior home who has nothing better to do.

But don't most of us use handle instead of real name?

To me his posts do not look like the result of text translation by babelfish - if it is, then I have to say babelfish did for once a great, remarkable job.
    Babelfish is well known for its ability of creating unintelligible garbage.

---
    Actually I don't care if he is pretending something he isn't. But I'm very much curious why he has such an opnion - I wonder what kind of experience made him feel like that.
    Last edited by undrentide; Dec 6, 2006 at 00:59.

To answer the topic question: why become japanese?

There is no reason to be Japanese, unless you are born one.

Quote Originally Posted by RockLee View Post
    Do I smell McTojo? Looks awefully a lot like him.
    After reading today, that has crossed my mind as well, but Mctojo never posted in Japanese, did he?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
    Remember the Siruis Cybernetic Corportations motto: Share and Enjoy

Perhaps it's one of those trolls who is actually not Japanese but pretends to be? I suppose it could be McTojo or one of his cronies too...
    � なたが好きだと言ったこの街並みが
    今日も暮れてゆきます
    広い空と遠くの山々 二人で歩いた街
    夕日がきれいな街
    -森高千里の「渡良瀬橋」から

どいんきぃずの屋 〜 ドインキーズの日本語のブログ

Quote Originally Posted by undrentide View Post
    内容も含めて戦前に生まれたかなりお年を召した方のも のにしか見えません。
    Out of interest, how differently did people write back then?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by misa.j View Post

I'm also curious why they would want to become a Japanese while there are possibilities that they might have easier life in their home country.

Beats me,I wouldn't give up comfortable spacious single family home with nice lawn garden backyard and central heating/AC in America.

Banned
    LOL a witch hunt here because this new poster made some valid points hit close to home for those have own ethnicity crisis in home country and seeking identity or social acceptance in Japan LOL

There are nationality fakers roam internet forums LOL,they come and go.

Non-Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklestar View Post
    LOL a witch hunt here because this new poster made some valid points hit close to home for those have own ethnicity crisis in home country and seeking identity or social acceptance in Japan LOL
    There are nationality fakers roam internet forums LOL,they come and go.
    That's your opinion.

Once there is a reasonable doubt about someone pretending to be someone they are not, the content of their posts becomes invalid, at least it does to me. If said person is pretending about their identity, there's no reason to think they are being honest with the opinions put forth in their posts.

However, if this new poster is indeed who he says he is, I would like to help out. But I must be assured that the effort will not be in vain before I try. I will not waste my time trying to help someone who does not need it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Hey, I find your comments highly offensive. We English have granted many of you Japanese our citizenship. Even the proud Americans gives them citizenship. I think if you live there for 5 years and have a steady job, and paying taxes, you should be allowed to have it. And for those so called "foreigners" born there, the right to Japanese nationality should exist without question. I see so much of how Japan wants all things western. I wish to say that if I marry my fiance, and if we choose to return to Japan, why should I not be allowed to become Japanese too, if he can and so can our child to come? In any other country, even the USA, would do this much. If the Japanese don't like shame, they should begin by moving on with the times as they seem to love progress and technology so much! My fiance by the way, agrees wholeheartedly to this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    By the way, I suspect You and Magoichi are either the same person, or very close friends. If you want to screw around, I suggest you do so on Answer 7 on Yahoo or something. This is not the place to do it, and you are only hurting your own reputation.
    Last edited by bexchurnside; Dec 6, 2006 at 09:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast