PDA

View Full Version : What are your interests for Japan ?

Pages : 1 [2]

Apollo
Feb 6, 2005, 02:11
Hi my name is Emmanuel
I'm new is this forum :cool:
Welcome Emmunuel!!

Faustianideals
Feb 6, 2005, 05:00
Hi my name is Emmanuel
I'm new is this forum :cool:
There is a forum called Members Introduction, feel free to post in that forum..
So flores what are your interests in Japan? :-)

Dekamaster
Feb 15, 2005, 10:36
I started out with an anime, Voltes V way back when I was a kid. I took Japanese Language (2 courses) as part of my foreign language requirement in College. I also had a Japanese Foreign Relations course, thinking I could have enough units for a minor in Japanese Studies. Too bad, I still had to take Asian History and another elective. I am interested also in their philosophies, and how they achieve haromony in nature and in personal relations.

subarna
Feb 16, 2005, 17:41
My interest for Japan date back from my childhood with the I have my dream Japanese people are great the ones I consider friends, anyway...but then, my nepali friends are great too..I guess it's just friends that are great..
Traditional japan is very beautiful. I like to watch them . I love the precision and beauty of cha no yu.When people I included Japanese women or Japanese girls in "Japanese people arer friendship or more". I didn't want to be sexist, as there are girls and women on the forum as well. Then I guess if you're interested in Japanese girls, it's not only for sex but also for their mentality and friendship too or Japanese mentality and people in general.

Malaika
Feb 17, 2005, 02:45
My interest for japan is the anime/manga of course, and then the food/people/culture, etc.

That's basically it. *shrugs*

I mean its very popular, japanese - the language I mean, and the same goes for the rest. :-P

Rayc
Feb 24, 2005, 07:34
I like Japan since it is the Land of the Rising Sun and a country with soem much of old culture.

Of course, nowadays, they are more Americanised, but I like the old of culture ans the respect for elders and things like that.

tokyobo
Feb 26, 2005, 01:07
I like Japan because I'm doing well here, I have a great family, and wonderful friends.

Tokyobo
www.eol-japan.com

iwao
Mar 1, 2005, 22:52
my all time favourites of what I like:
historic and contemporary architecture (I haven't read that word in this thread)
gardens
food and tea(ceremony)
people
open mindedness to technical progress (compared to Germany)

Silverbackman
Mar 5, 2005, 12:50
I started to like Japan first through video games, then when I got a bit older I became very interested in some Anime such as Dragonball Z but not all Anime.

Now I am very interested in the culture and way of life. Japan is very different from any other country in the world. It is a blend of western and traditional culture mixed into one country. I am still also very interested in video games that orignate from Japan and the martial arts they attain. The japanese sword is also trully a great sword.

SirFerlex
Mar 6, 2005, 19:39
Hi Frineds

I new in the community, i like the Bonsais and all relationated with this.

www.bonsaiworld.org

:wave:

enix_fan
Mar 7, 2005, 08:47
pretty much i like everything about japan.

Rgchrono
Mar 13, 2005, 15:40
me, I like the language. The main fact that the accent is like spanish is a plus for me. Not only that but Japanese shares some, not all, grammar points with spanish. Kind of cool and has helped me with the 3 japanese classes I've taken in college. ^_^

Spud_Hed
Mar 19, 2005, 10:12
well ive been absolutley obsessed with everything japanese since a school mate showed me pics and video of the holiday his family took to tokyo when i was 5. i love the culture, cinema both anime and live action movies the language and the mind blowing technology, hell i sleep on a futon in a room full of imported japanese movie posters the only thing i dont have is tatami mat flooring, its the closest ill get for a long while yet, my own little slice of japan here in the middle of nowhere, uk

TenMonGaKuSha
Mar 24, 2005, 02:01
The whole world is interested in its way. Every country has something to offer (at least a cup of good coffee ;)) and I'm not entirely devoted to Japan. The country where I live (look at the flag under my nick) is much different from any Asian country. I've always liked geography and my interest for many countries has enlarged since I was in elementary school. However, I've started to do aikido and I've seen Akira Kurosawa movies + some anime + Eiji Joshikawa's "Miyamoto Musashi" novel, which led me to learn more about this country. Of course, everybody knows about Japan's technological development and about some specifics such are: martial arts, cool cars, ww2 kamikaze, ikebana etc. Though I'm not yet fully aware of the way of life in Japan. That's why I came here and I'll keep searching for more information about Japan.
Since I'm a student in a quite poor country (one of the poorest in Europe) I've begun searching for a foreign country where I could continue my work. Besides West Europe, Japan looks quite good and I've started to learn Japanese. It is very interesting so I've decided to try applying over there.

D

Rickmaster
Mar 26, 2005, 06:02
castle are big and cold. I dont like it

annie2004
Mar 31, 2005, 20:33
...and I haven't even had the privelege to go to Japan yet..
That is one of my dreams...to come to this rich old and new culture..and I would love to live there for a while..
I like the calligraphy..have tried it and used it in my artwork..
The old art in Japan is truly amazing..
I could go on and on...

If I can't go there, then I am sure my hip hop artist son will travel to Japan.

Thank god for the www so we can "travel" around the world every day, and learn new things...

EnzoHonda
Apr 4, 2005, 12:48
There are certain Japanese things that I like specifically: anime, console RPGs, Zen Buddhism, green tea. However, it also seems as though things I like in general (and that are available almost anywhere) are somehow a little bit better in Japan. For example: I like Japanese cars and motorcycles. Sure I can get them in Canada(and have), but why not go to the source? I like technology, petite women, and big cities. Maybe when I get to Japan my preconcieved notions will be broken. I don't know, but for now I enjoy being interested in Japan. It gives me something to do between essays.

FireyRei
Apr 5, 2005, 11:52
You missed out 'Nothing in particular' in the voting choice.

I live & work here & that's it, Japan is just another place.

Xiaolung
Apr 23, 2005, 11:55
I am a Japanese-Canadian - 3rd Gen. I have grown up with Japanese sensibilities all my life. It was only when I became an adult that I began studying Japan - it's language, history and culture - more aggressively.

Anyway, this is my first post.

senator
Apr 23, 2005, 18:31
Always good to know if we are here for the same reason or not... This is a multiple answer poll, so choose as many as you want.

My interest for Japan date back from my childhood with the anime on tv. I have done judo and karate when I was respectively 6 and 14-15 years old,. I have been a video game addict as a teenager. But all this was forgotten when I met my wife and I came to Japan.Now I am interested in the culure in general (history, language, religion/traditions...)., the people and the food.

I would like more than 10 categories for my poll. Thomas is it possible ?

can i eat japaness?

Satoshi_M
Apr 25, 2005, 05:11
Hah...there isn't a choice for "all"! :relief:

bigirl1983
Apr 26, 2005, 12:19
I love everything in japan except the food: i hate sushi!!! :p

Aaron Tan
Apr 26, 2005, 12:58
girls,cars,games,movies~~

Ikyoto
Apr 27, 2005, 03:59
I love everything in japan except the food: i hate sushi!!! :p
GASP! How could you not like it?

Sigh... That's it. You've broken my heart. :-)

DarkGhost
May 11, 2005, 10:40
I'm interested in Japanese (traditional) culture, linguistics and food (I love Japanese seafood!)

SkippyDaStudent85
May 11, 2005, 11:54
I'm interested in the culture, the rock music, the anime, the manga, the food... aw, forget it, I'm into everything Japanese!

Uprock
May 17, 2005, 14:14
I'd say that in addition to the girls, I just generally love chilling there. Whether it's at a club, a spot where ppl are breaking, or a restaraunt, it's just the spot to be.

rahul bhatnagar
May 17, 2005, 23:08
hello friends,
i am doing research in predicting earthquakes specially in japan for last 6 yrs.i have now developed a method in which i can predict earthquakes in japan in 70% cases.
I AM THE ONLY PRESON WHO PREDICTED NIIGATA EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN.I SENT EMAIL TO DIFFERENT SIESMOLOGIST OF JAPAN ON 8TH OCT THAT A STRONG EARTHQUAKE WILL OCCUR IN JAPAN ON 21 OR 25 OF OCT 2004 OF 6.0 TO 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE IN HONSHU ISLAND WHICH OCCURED ON 23 OCT 2004 OF 6.8 ON RICHTER.
but no one believed me.I HAVE PROOF OF THOSE EMAILS SENT TO SEISMOLOGIST IF ANYONE WANT THOSE EMAIL DO EMAIL ME ON [email protected]

MY NEXT PREDICTION ON JAPAN IS THERE WILL BE A STRONG EARTHQUKE IN JAPAN ON 20 OR 22 MAY 2005 IN
SOUTH WESTERN JAPAN OR EAST OF HONSHU 6.0 to 7.0 ON RICHTER SCALE

furan
May 23, 2005, 21:33
originally.... i think it was the whole idea of japan.... it was so far away, and completely diferent, and i hated the way things are over here (even at the age of 5)
so... to begin with... it was maily the culture and history. i've read books about the geisha which covers a lot of the backgroud history as to how they came to be... and i love the sound of it... yes... japan isn't perfect, but no country is. at least they were brought up on the biggotist point of view that homosexuality is wrong, and forced into christianity...
through my love for their culture, i got into their art and litrature, but my craving of cartoons spouted a huuuuuge obsession with anime, and later manga, which i now prefer a lot more to anime.
then... actually through chinese music, i got into jrock... which i adore. i love the divercity of their lyrics... and the emotion that's clearly but into their music... and it's not bland like stupid american skate punk *coughgreenday,blink182cough*
but i also got hevily into matial arts a good few years back, and i took up judo and karate... unfortunatly i moved and haven't been able to take them back up again, and instead took up kickboxing... *bleh*
now i can't do either cos of school and exams and stuff *weaps* but i'm gunna take up jujitsu soon ^.^

syntax
Jun 10, 2005, 22:49
lol very original, put the admins in the lord's room ^^

Warlock
Jul 20, 2005, 06:42
i dont love japan.but i find it very interesting.it started out with their animes and stories and their ideas all brought me to abandon western culture..

MotomanInuyasha
Aug 2, 2005, 13:49
Motocross, cars/drifting (much better then the ones imported to the US), the food, living on an island, all rolled into one country appeals to me. I could care less about what race my mate is.....as long as she won't try to kill me, wont even think about cheating on me, isnt six years older than me, & cant be a body builder or have the body of one :enter twitching: (*_*) I'll be a happy camper.
I don't see an other catagorey-_-;

X_Naruto
Aug 3, 2005, 17:49
I'm a Buddhist.. but that really isn't a reason for liking Japan. (bleh, though I voted for it since it was there)

Teh thing about Japan is I love the history.. teh architecture.. teh girls.. :cute:

I love Japan and everything Japan! Yah!

KyleMunro
Aug 5, 2005, 09:09
i love japan for the following reasons;

The hot japanese women!!!! :-)

The Manga

The anime

The culture

The videogames

The language

....so i voted for anime and manga

Drift
Aug 30, 2005, 17:19
I love Japan cause~~ anime, gundam model, video game, language,
AND~~ yeap~~ Japanese hot girl~ :blush:

Mikawa Ossan
Sep 17, 2005, 23:32
Welcome to my first post!
I don't know if saying that I like Japan is quite accurate or not, but this is where I "came of age" so to speak, so I really can't imagine living anywhere else right now. Japan, like any place, has a lot to like and a lot to dislike. I'll tell you one thing that I do like, though, are the convenience stores. They truly live up to their name! (^-^)

Revenant
Sep 25, 2005, 12:48
Conbinis! Those places are great for getting a cold one and just whiling away time looking at mags.

Currently, I've got a lot of interest in Buddhism, traditional Japanese culture, current Japanese culture, Japanese history, and the everyday people of Japan.

Actually, I checked all, as besides the ones I mentioned, I spend a little time in all of the above interests. I'm just a scattered person.

Craig
Oct 9, 2005, 10:42
lolo,

My wife keeps saying I'll smash my car one day. The funny thing is that my last 4 accidents I was at no fault. Well, 1 I got hit with 10% since I was moving.

I'm a porche boy at heart but either a GTR or NSX would do me just fine too.

Is Michigan like LA? LA traffic is so bad that if someone got pulled over durinig the day it would create a 1 1/2 hour traffic jam. Looky Lou's.

Japan, is 50 most areas with 60 being a high defualt in rural areas. Highways are 80 or 100. With 120 a pretty regular clip. These are all KmH. Not mph.

@cars
a used good condition GTR runs about US $ 20k. Imprezza a bit less at about $10k.

Also, somebody forgot to mention Mitsubishi's GTO and Nissan's Fairlady Z which is finally coming up with a model change.

Honda cars are not too popular so integra's and preludes are pretty rare. Yet, Honda is quite popular for wagon and van types.

This year, up in Sapporo at least, there is no particular fashion for cars. No slamming or aero-kits. This year is pretty boring. Last year the Estima type vans were very popular.

One of my buddies is a used car dealer who loves US looking Honda cars, ferio's and CRXs.

cheers

I drive a Peugeot in Japan, but my wife has a Suzuki Cappuccino.

Tokyo-K1
Oct 12, 2005, 05:42
The main reason of my interest in Japan stems from my love of anime and manga. I first started watching anime when I was a little kid at the age of 5, then I had an extended isolation from it for a good number of years in my school days and now recently a few years back my love for anime is revitalised. But now I discovered more interesting things about it and not just about giant Japanese robots to when I was a kid.
The more I watched, the more aspects of Japanese culture I discover. Now I'm fascinated by the culture that was built on the foundations of discipline, order and tradition yet at the same time Japan has a very forward looking society with many new innovations whether it be in the fields of technology, living standards or entertainment.

McTojo
Oct 14, 2005, 10:36
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2388/20050718iwatemiyagitour2005002.jpg

Craig
Oct 14, 2005, 10:43
Nice shot! Needs some PS work though, especially resizing, since most people don't have a 50 inch monitor.

lost
Nov 23, 2005, 05:58
Music is what really made me fallen in love with japan! but everything else in japan do intrest me a lot like the food and the people and the landscapes...etc.

Zentron
Nov 24, 2005, 08:25
My main interest is Anime, Manga and computer games, though from these few, I gained an interest in the rest of Japan and what it offers. My fave J-movie of recent is the Shinobi movie 'Red Shadow'

.::b|ue Ash::.
Nov 28, 2005, 02:39
Everything but the religion and video games. While I do play games, just not much, and I'm not religious by any means, though I do enjoy learning about different religions.

IdinITE
Dec 14, 2005, 05:32
wao..nice pic up there ^^^

well, i wanna go to japan cause of my main interest in the mangas...never liked anime...

but that wasnt really my main motive. so i didn really wanted to go there

but one thing that i found out about japan from lots of manga's is the mount fuji...and when i saw the drawing i taught they tried to make it look nicer. then i stumbled upon a real pic of the mount..and it looked so nice!! really same to the drawing presented...

oh yeah, i also like the sakuras during the summer...they look really nice :)

and also i would like to see the temples, looks nice.

neko minikui
Jan 7, 2006, 06:27
all option :P

If time can talk...
Jan 25, 2006, 02:02
Language,people,history,politics,art

Ebichu_chan
Feb 3, 2006, 17:19
Technology
Cultures
People's characteristics
Sightseeings
Entertainment (Animanga, Musics, Movies, Drama etc)
Cleanness
Arts
Language
Savety
Systemize
Transportation (Trains, cars etc)
Food (including snacks and sweets)

:nihonjin::nihonjin::nihonjin::nihonjin::nihonjin: :nihonjin::nihonjin::nihonjin:

FullMetalStriker
Feb 4, 2006, 13:06
I like Many Aspects of Japanese culture. One of the major things has got to be food, since I tend to eat a lot but remain the same. Sure, I'll admit to liking anime and manga as well. I'm studying Game design in College and was hoping to get a job in the country when I graduated. The language barrier might present a problem, but I have been trying to learn. I would like to be able to visit the country in the near future, But my current employment barely pays the tuition (I wish I was a Visa.. Then I could be anywhere I want to be..). I would olike to able to speak with someone in the country to kinda get a true, unclouded view of it. Don't hesitate to contact!:wave:

Gaijinian
Feb 4, 2006, 13:21
It's hard to explain, but Japan is a part if me.

Blututh
Feb 5, 2006, 05:06
My interest was sparken in Japan when i saw my first anime "Tenchi Muyo". After 2 episodes I was hooked. Now i watch all the anime I can. I'm trying to balance learning Perl with learning Nihongo. Plus I have an affinity for Asian women, so that's good too. :cool:

neko9
Feb 8, 2006, 20:25
i'm interested in almost everything (don't remember how it started). except, well... food. judging by pictures of it, it doesn't look like very tasty to me. but maybe when i will see it on table in front of me, i will change my mind :-)

MeAndroo
Feb 9, 2006, 08:36
i'm interested in almost everything (don't remember how it started). except, well... food. judging by pictures of it, it doesn't look like very tasty to me. but maybe when i will see it on table in front of me, i will change my mind :-)
Someone get this guy some yakiniku! Or Gyuudon! Or tempura! Or takoyaki! Or best of all, some tonkotsu ramen! :ramen: :ramen: :cool: :cool:

neko9
Feb 9, 2006, 09:15
Someone get this guy some yakiniku! Or Gyuudon! Or tempura! Or takoyaki! Or best of all, some tonkotsu ramen!
hmm... :worried: well... those names sounds interesting :gohan:

MeAndroo
Feb 9, 2006, 09:23
Yakiniku - Korean BBQ, fire grilled meat

Tonkotsu Ramen - pork bone soup, ramen noodles served w/ veggies and meat

Takoyaki - battered octopus

Tempura - battered and deep fried veggies and sea food

Gyuudon - beef and onions over rice

neko9
Feb 9, 2006, 18:11
ok... i could possibly try everything except Takoyaki and Tempura... because i don't like octopus (ewww) and some part of sea food not so much too :-)

Takaryo
Feb 16, 2006, 19:02
Saiyuki! :D No, seriously!

neko9
Feb 16, 2006, 19:55
Saiyuki! :D No, seriously!
manga or anime version? :-)

Takaryo
Feb 17, 2006, 17:39
manga or anime version? :-)

Actually, I knew Japan before Saiyuki. It's just Saiyuki gave me all the oomph on wanting to go to Japan. So I started learning about Japan and I even took my Japanese language classes because of it. :D

neko9
Feb 17, 2006, 18:19
Actually, I knew Japan before Saiyuki. It's just Saiyuki gave me all the oomph on wanting to go to Japan. So I started learning about Japan and I even took my Japanese language classes because of it. :D
looks like manga and anime has very strong influence on us ^_^
though i don't remember if i found out about anime before getting interested in Japan or after...

SortOf
Feb 24, 2006, 13:05
Manga & Anime followed by Video Games... J-pop to a much smaller extent

zero g
Mar 21, 2006, 09:31
I am intrested in culture mostly...:cool:

leealonenow
Mar 26, 2006, 18:43
i watch the Manga & Anime 'naruto' every week.But i interesting in the japanese people.i want to make friends whit them.i like japan.

leealonenow
Mar 26, 2006, 18:59
i know a little japanese,i am interesting in learning it.

sl0thmachin3
Mar 29, 2006, 19:37
I'm interested in most things Japanese. Their culture is - I don't know exactly how to describe their culture. Certainly it is unique but which culture isn't. Westerns, eastern, northern, southern, all cultures are different. Even neighboring countries' culture differ. Maybe its the values that shaped the Japanese that attract me. The constant striving for perfection in everything and knowing that perfection can never be attained and yet still making the attempt. Their harmony with the natural world, technological advancement while maintaining balance with nature. Their love for kin and country. I guess words just fail. It is very difficult to say exactly what it is about the Japanese that interests me so.

Petenshber
Apr 2, 2006, 08:57
I would have to say that i like everything on the list, but i think the culture and food are my favorite. Japan first got my interest when i started noticing a few anime movies in the 80's and 90's, but what really got me was i like shopping in second-hand stores because i find alot of things that are hard to find otherwise (atleast before i started using the enternet), and i started noticing alot of books about Japan and China, once i purchased a few of these books and read them i became fascinated with both Japan and china. Curently i'm learning everything i can about life in Japan incase i decide to visit.

~Mugen~
Apr 2, 2006, 12:35
My interest in Japan started at a young age, mainly due to anime ie. Pokemon
Then I became interested in the culture and way of life, food and of course the video games. I'm still also very intersted in Manga and anime.

Jack
Apr 8, 2006, 16:11
Im pretty much a fan of all things japanese, i've recently got watching the j-league and have been following it immensly.
The one thing about japan that im not really a fan of and that is geisha's, yeah it does take some skill to do what they do but i dont understand the obsession with them.

Hide My Heart
Apr 8, 2006, 19:13
My interest in Japan definately sparked through anime and manga but from there it just sort of snowballed ....

Ebu Huzeyfe
Apr 12, 2006, 21:48
I like Japan becuase of its good, polite, warm and honest people.:-)

dangdaga
Apr 21, 2006, 02:43
GTR's are sweet.
My wife won't let me buy one because I drive to fast.

If time can talk...
Apr 21, 2006, 15:54
Art;
Literature;
Government;
History;
People;

Yumiko33
Apr 22, 2006, 13:31
I love Japan. Unfortunatelly, I never been in Japan (country, not a Japanese restoraunts ;-) ):-)

feverwin
Apr 30, 2006, 02:38
Japanese girls...

mazokuyuusuke
Apr 30, 2006, 07:19
I've been interested in Japan for quite awhile now. 3 years, I think.. Even thought I live in America, I think Japan would be a cooler place to live. They get all the cool stuff! And for one thing, japanese people sure can act a lot better than American people. Also, japan has better music. Personally, I think American music isn't very good.. But that's just me. I also love anime, and martial arts. I'm also quite fond of the japanese language and clothing, as well...

Julian
May 4, 2006, 20:53
Hey, :-)
I am a german boy and many of my friends are interested in cars 2, but me not. That are only machines! People are yery much more interesting

I am interested in Japan, because it is yery different than Europe or America (Usa). There is not only another culture i guess. The people there live in another system.
But i dont know yery much about japan (thats why i search people from japan).
Japan is great but it have (like every country) his weaknesses.
That are points, i am interested in.
Of course things like Manga, anime and the typical japanese art of humor i am interested too. Cu

Julian
May 4, 2006, 21:00
[Hey, :-)
I am a german boy and many of my friends are interested in cars 2, but me not. That are only machines! People are yery much more interesting

I am interested in Japan, because it is yery different than Europe or America (Usa). There is not only another culture i guess. The people there live in another system.
But i dont know yery much about japan (thats why i search people from japan).
Japan is great but it have (like every country) his weaknesses.
That are points, i am interested in.
Of course things like Manga, anime and the typical japanese art of humor i am interested too. Cu

Tollen
Jun 9, 2006, 08:28
what are your interests in japan? lol what isn't? ^_^

Cheery Cherry
Jul 18, 2006, 13:00
I am interested in Japan because I was born there but left Japan when I was 10 years old, not by choice, of course. I've been living in America since and I am in my mid 30s now.

I want to re-learn everything about Japan. I would love to make a few Japanese friends as well :).

GothYoko
Aug 3, 2006, 20:14
I love the Japan Culuture. I think it's very interessting and so different than the European culture.

Dena81
Aug 19, 2006, 03:40
I'd have to go with the language, people, and culture in general. There's just so many aspects with J-music and how teens dress to the contrast of how tea ceremonies and meals are. It just gets me so excited and interested. I'd love to go one day!

SaTsuki_angel#
Aug 26, 2006, 06:33
ok, I'm intrested in the music mostly :blush: , I love it!, it's started when I was a little girl and I used to watch anime on tv, I used to sing all songs of anime series, first in my language and then original japanese songs :p , then always listen to japanese songs until now, I think japanese songs and japanese singers are better than any another one :blush: of course for me
and.. now i'm intrested in any another japanese things, and I'm studing japanese :p watashi wa nihongo o benkyoshite imasu, nihongo wa totemo sugoi desu ne! n__n
jaja, that's all, sorry for my english :( :relief: I'm studing english too :souka:
etto... ja ne~ :wave:

BenWa
Sep 11, 2006, 02:46
Japan just seems like a kick *** country with a really bitchin' history. I was never a huge manga fan, I would occasionally watch some anime flick just to see if it was any good. Then I started watching miasaki movies(Princess Mononoke, Spirited away ect.). And I then saw the movie Akira. At first it just tripped me out with all the powers and gore, but when I looked back at it I realized that I loved that movie. I'm still not that big a fan of anime in genral since every show I watch seems like a cliche of the last. The one anime show that I love above the rest is the Tenchi Muyo series. I liked it because it combined the traditional REAL samurai lifestyle in with all these futuristic aspects. All that aside I realised that I should know more about Japan since I was slowly starting to get turned onto it. And I started doing research on it, and imediatly liked what I read. So ever since I've had a love
affair with Japan and the Japanese lifestyle and people.
I would love to hear someone elses opinion on this, so come say Hi.
-BenWa

taehyun
Sep 15, 2006, 12:17
I came to study Japanese folklore:-)
This includes ,however, many other areas of study, so I had to do much more research than I've expected.
But I discovered many new things which changed a bit my view on Japan.
Japanese legends and fairy tales, local festivals and small, small ,forgotten deities...All this stuff was so different from what I've read in books and seen on the TV:lol:

Pachipro
Sep 15, 2006, 23:05
But I discovered many new things which changed a bit my view on Japan.
Japanese legends and fairy tales, local festivals and small, small ,forgotten deities...All this stuff was so different from what I've read in books and seen on the TV:lol:
Interesting. What exactly changed your views of Japan from what you were taught in school or read in books and seen on TV in your home country? I think that would make an interesting thread.

Gaijin4Life
Sep 27, 2006, 00:18
Onsen !!!!

taehyun
Oct 4, 2006, 18:34
To Pachipro
I apologize for the belated reply.
If you are really interested , I could send u a PM or an e-mail about the Japanese folklore and the heart of Japan
But I just saw that thread " What is /are the greatest contribution of Japan to the world" and I think that sharing my experience and my studies in public wouldn't be so interesting.

jRus
Oct 11, 2006, 07:35
I think Japan is viewed differenly from every country. A good exapmle of american rasism is toward russians is the movies. Every movie I have seen the russians are the "bad guys". That is why I like watching russian movies instead of american ones. But going back to Japan, I read media from outside sources other than the USA cuz basicaly everything here is racist. So thats why I read newspapers and news based on other countries news. It is intersting to see the angle.

kooo
Oct 16, 2006, 17:53
There are a lot of things:
-Japanese food is at least very different. I've tried a lot of food from other countries, but nothing has been as "foreign" to me as Japanese food. I don't even nessecarily enjoy the taste of a lot of it, but because it's so unique I really appreciate it. Genmacha and shabu shabu are delicious, too of course. ;)

-The culture seems to encourage cuteness/feminity more in women which I like. I don't think there's anything wrong with American culture but I don't really fit the "sexy, outgoing" ideal and I don't think it's really appealing. I feel uncomfortable in someways living in a place where it's considered strange for a woman to wear a skirt.

-There's something incredibly beautiful about kabuki that I can't really express. It's something I really enjoy watching.

-This will sound pretentious but I think observing another first world country and seeing how it's similar and different is really interesting.

-I like lolita fashion, onsen, rilakkuma and (very rarely) jpop. :blush:

Nihonlover21
Oct 21, 2006, 03:41
Almost all those reasons are why I'm interested in Japan. Nothing beats eating sushiwhile watching anime. :)

norvegia
Oct 25, 2006, 16:54
I voted for Culture in general, J-pop, Japanese people (friendship or more) and Japanese language, but I would say that all Japan has to offer interests me.

AsakuraNeo10
Oct 28, 2006, 19:16
anyone could make me teach me how to dress like japanese, i am a male
:relief:

shadow_lady
Oct 31, 2006, 18:16
i love the way you could cosplay in japan! i love dressing up! and last saturday, me and my friends had a halloween :halloween party, and i dressed up as a メイドさん:win: とっても楽しいかった〜:happy:

justin
Nov 20, 2006, 15:05
After seeing Japantown here in San Francisco I really want to see japan fristhand.

Pachipro
Dec 8, 2006, 01:56
i love dressing up! and last saturday, me and my friends had a halloween :halloween party, and i dressed up as a メイドさん:win: とっても楽しいかった〜:happy:
Any chance we could see some pics of you in your maid outfit? とっても楽しいだと思います! :-) :happy:

A-chama
Dec 18, 2006, 02:15
... I really can't list ALL the things I like about Japan... I like everything really!!! But what I enjoy most is the music, the language, Anime and Mangas.
Anime is what got me in. I remember watching Sailor Moon, like, everyday, when it was aired (sadly, it isn't anymore :( ) Luckly there are other good animes!
And now my current obsession is Gackt !:bluush: He's is just so awesome...
But enough rambling on my part. Truely, I must say there is very little (if anything) I dislike about Japan.

hideto_matsumoto_RIP
Dec 23, 2006, 20:45
i find manny things in japan interesting...
but my main intrest is anime/manga and music.:cool:

BuBBy
Dec 27, 2006, 02:43
How many Japanese muslims existe ??

Homerduff
Jan 8, 2007, 09:35
My interests in Japan are merely the modern culture and the people..

I will study product design soon, and Japan is more or less the mekka for product designers. Its amazing to see what kind of products get success over in Japan. The most bizar things exist in Japan. I would eventually like to work in Japan as product designer. Start little, as freelance designer or work for a company, maybe a foreign company situated in Japan. Or eventually start my own company in Japan. But I still miss so much experience and education to actually believe in this already. Still a long way (studying !) to go !

Allthough I have never been in Japan, the stories I hear are really fascinating. People are so kind and helpfull. And last but not least, based on looks I prefer japanese women !

chinese boy
Jan 15, 2007, 08:52
What I like in Japan is the society, the way in which the japanese people behave, their courtesy, and the japanese girls !! haha I love the way in which japanese people get dressed especially in tokyo !!

Dorian1977
Jan 28, 2007, 03:27
it may sounds strange but i like the fact that Japanese people are usually very hard working people and they accomplish alot i like also watching Japanese movies especially related to martial arts.

gboy
Jan 29, 2007, 12:18
Gentlemen,
I encountered some Japanese WW2 artifacts here in the Philippines...is there any value or buyer here?

ZeroS
Feb 1, 2007, 21:22
Man have I got a lot of things I lust over Japan about.

It all started off, like many, with anime. Yip that drug that takes you away to lala land. And then gradually it was the culture the people, the values, etc, etc that had me going.
Too bad there isn't any more Samurai around. It would be awesome to experience them live.

Kimochi
Feb 11, 2007, 04:36
I voted for alot of things but I guess after travelling so much, indulging in another culture proves to be addictive and meaningful!:cool:

svd
Mar 4, 2007, 23:20
I used to be interested in Tea ceremony, calligraphy, flower arranging and such. Now I am more into pachinko, shochu and karaoke. I guess it comes with age.

rilakkumaworld
Mar 11, 2007, 14:37
My interests include San-x characters, especially Rilakkuma. I also like to play Nintendo DS, and will be importing Watashi no Rilakkuma when it comes out in April :)

Ghostless-Shell
Mar 12, 2007, 08:46
I voted for them all.
Japan is such a wonderful country.
When I went over I honestly could say I felt reborn.
Like..I was blind and suddenly seen the world for the first time.
From the cities, to the Villages..from the people , to the food.
Everything about japan made me feel reborn.*_*
You can't say you lived till you seen what nature has in store for you in japan for sure~

spudssss
Apr 5, 2007, 04:35
Can someone please send me list of all the japanese symbols and the translations of them

my email is

s
p
u
d
s
s
s
s
_
@
hotmail
.co
.uk

Jams

maushan3
Apr 5, 2007, 13:30
spudssss, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana. There are all of them. All that's missing is Kanji, that's Chinese characters used in Japan, but focus on hiragana and kana first. Hope it helps.

Mauricio

Row
Apr 17, 2007, 22:53
hmh I love the food and culture :)

marsans
Apr 21, 2007, 03:12
When i was a child my dad bought me a book about Miyamoto Musashi, he always read it to me before bed. From that point forward I fell in love with samurai culture and movies and subsequently fell in love with japanese culture at large!

a51ts4
May 1, 2007, 11:09
Culture, Martial Arts, People & Language, Religion

kiedistidus
May 27, 2007, 05:44
one of the main reasons im visiting tokyo next year is the technology,its so advanced plus im a bad sony boy so ill be visiting the sony and square-enix building plus a drinking binge with japanese people would be good, anyone game??? lol

Arch
Jun 1, 2007, 17:07
Hi-tech, the people, the language. Of course the food.

cinamax
Jun 9, 2007, 00:47
not a big fan of japanese culture but looks like ppl there generally leave you alone and plus they are very clean

Taiko666
Jun 11, 2007, 18:11
one of the main reasons im visiting tokyo next year is the technology,its so advanced plus im a bad sony boy so ill be visiting the sony and square-enix building plus a drinking binge with japanese people would be good, anyone game??? lol

You seem to be another person who's bought into the myth of 'hi-tech' Japan. OK, so that little Honda robot is impressive (and of course, cute... it's Japanese after all...)
And the toilet seats that fry your backside have novelty appeal. But in day-to-day life, I see much more advanced and useful technology in the UK than here in Japan.

However, I don't think you'll be disappointed by the drinking culture. You hinted in another post that you prefer older style pubs to young trendy clubs. Just learn how to say 'good evening' and order a beer (or some shou-chou, or sake) in Japanese, head for a lively looking nomiya and have ball.

But don't expect to be able to pay for your drinks with plastic- the technology isn't quite there yet.

Yon
Jun 22, 2007, 19:49
coz i love historical, martial arts, girls, landscapes, food, games, languange and J-POP rock

GTR's are sweet.
My wife won't let me buy one because I drive to fast.

i can understand you, i am like you, i drive always to fast, but got last month €310,- fine..if i did go 5 km/h to hard then i would lose my drive license...yokatta...i drove 165 km/h where 120 was allowed, wanna see my car? peugeot 406 V6 210 HP, 4 motion my sweet car...but trying to sell it coz i want BMW E46 M3 343 HP or Honda civic VTI 160 HP

MadamePapillon
Jul 1, 2007, 06:25
Kinda embarassing but it all started with Sailor Moon :p Anime, than video games, than the music and movies and finally just the culture itself.

Kuro-Neko
Jul 2, 2007, 08:49
I've always had an interest with the japanese culture and pretty
much everthing else on the poll for as long as I can remember.

marsans
Jul 2, 2007, 09:53
Kinda embarassing but it all started with Sailor Moon :p Anime, than video games, than the music and movies and finally just the culture itself.

As long as you have your heart in the right place, it dosent matter where you start!

I seem to remember Robotech being one of my firsts Japanese interests haha.

Megumi Nakanishi
Jul 13, 2007, 10:13
For me, it's mainly language and arts. When it comes to arts, mainly music. I love Japanese music, also Korean and Chinese. There is just something about the culture that makes set its apart.

kyouki
Jul 19, 2007, 15:17
definately the footballers for me :)

Serebi
Jul 22, 2007, 09:33
Everything, culture, friendship, tongue, people, anime, is a beautiful country i wish really go to Japan and meet nice people.

success888
Aug 12, 2007, 11:43
shopping there is the best ........... yeah
:cool:

Amenat
Aug 15, 2007, 06:15
Gosh everything. I've always been fascinated by traditional Japan, you know kimono, yukata, geisha, tea ceremonies, ect. I want to experience as much of that as possible. I also want many Japanese friends and learn lots of Japanese.

Wantalk
Aug 16, 2007, 03:59
Believe it or not, the thing that got me interested in Japan was seeing a movie called You Only Live Twice, when it was first released. Yes, that was a long long time ago.
The culture seemed so different from where I lived then.

drj0402
Sep 2, 2007, 06:37
The first Japanese thing I remember enjoying was Speed Racer, but my parents wouldn't let me watch too many episodes because there was too much gratuitous violence. I rented a DVD of some Speed Racer episodes recently and was surprised at how tame it is compared to today's television programming.

But the thing that really got me hooked on Japan proper was Urusei Yatsura.

w1ngzer0
Sep 15, 2007, 14:47
I am going to post again because i can't find my original post. So, with that in mind here we go.

Age 8 - 9.
Secret of mana, FF2 (america), and chrono trigger and lots of other squaresoft games.

12 years old sci fi late at night. 12am - 1am on saturday morning, they would show japanese anime. Robot Circus and Akira. They also showed other animes.

Age 13 -16: dragon ball z would come on in the mornings 6-7am. Funny seeing a kid wake up that early for cartoons. Funny how when you were younger you had to work at watching cartoons. Loved that show and still do. Best show ever. Final Fantasy 7 added to this mix. Squaresoft. I've dreamed of working for that company and wanted to even own stocks in their company; before they were big. Then career minded got into my head. I've watch Squaresoft grow from a tiny company, to reorganizing, merging, and buying themselves back, and growing back. I knew even as a kid how hard the Japanese language was. So, i set a goal for Square LA or Hawaii instead of Japan. Both looked awesome. Funny how as a kid i knew i wanted to work for this company.

Grew older and find i like Asian girls. Not only that, but i seem to get along with them better then any other nationality. Not the passive ones, but they just seem to be more real then others.

Age 17:
Wanted to go to the arts institute in San Fransisco for animation. Learn 3d studio max and it bothered me no school taught maya back then... But, kept looking on squares website for jobs.

Graduated high school and found women to be evil, no matter what race. Then i got into the Japanese sport car scene. So, awesome. I heart Nissan then upgraded to Subaru. lol.... the community is seems to be better is all

Ran around with my head cut off like a chicken...............

Now its Japanese sport bikes and the culture. I can't get enough sushi or udon. I get so fat when i eat udon though... But, beer seemed to be the missing maturing point in my life. Funny as that sounds; but its true.

So, i am going to say Squaresoft was my biggest influence of interest in Japan.

Heartach
Oct 8, 2007, 02:22
i really love the language it soo pretty and their writing :D soo im teaching myself in japanese language and writing

i also like thier horrow movie, and movie in general

Rahmie
Oct 16, 2007, 19:32
I didn't really give why I like Japan much thought until now and come to find out I like everything... well at least of the stuff you listed. :wave: I also like their movies :rose: :love: and actors :cute: :bluush: better then I do hollywood... way better. :okashii:

Indoora
Oct 22, 2007, 08:19
I was 4 when my obsession with Japan started, it was due to the tv mini movie "Shogun" and I have been interested in Asian culturies from then on but Japan is the one I love the most.

tokapi
Nov 3, 2007, 14:42
Japanese language,my ultimate goal is becoming a translator :-)

Grimslade1135
Nov 5, 2007, 13:01
Anime, video games, martial arts, and of course the language as well.

HotWater
Nov 23, 2007, 18:23
those anime/gadget/culture and history of japan =) how i wish i were in japan. singapore is too boring. ={

kireikoori
Nov 25, 2007, 18:18
Reasons I personally like Japan.
In no particular order of relevance.
_
1. Language. Japanese is my number one of my three favorite language I don't speak fluently. The other two are Gaelic and Finnish. Japan is just such a beautiful language. Not only spoken language, but written language. I like Eastern writing better than Western writing. And Japan inproved upon the amazing Hanzi writing by creating kana to go with it. Kana(katakana and hiragana) not only make Japanese a bit easier to learn, but also make it more interesting. I do hope to learn every single hanzi before I die, but that will take a long time. Kana made for nice, quick to learn training wheels.
_
2. Flora and Fauna. Very pretty country. My favorite countries by language oddly are the same ones by flora and fauna, Japan, Finland and Ireland. Arid desert areas FTL. Finland, Japan and Ireland are Tolkeinesque.
_
3. Japan is a first world technologically advanced country. As far as HDI(Human Development Index) is concerned Japan and South Korea are the top two in Asia. I want Western comforts in my Asian culture.
_
4. Religion. To me the most redeemable qualities in Abrahamic religion are the Pagan elements. Japan is a Pagan Buddhist country. But lots of countries have Buddhism do they not? I like Buddhism better than Abrahamic religion, but it's not my favorite non-Abhahamic faith. On the other hand Japan has Shinto, which is much more interesting that Buddhism to me. There are some concepts in Shinto I'm not as fond of, but overall far more fascinating to me than Buddhism. I do incorporate heavy amounts of Shinto and Finnic Paganism into my Shamanistic beliefs. I guess I'm a universalist because there's a bit of every faith that I have in my spirituality. But Shinto is definitely high up on the fascinating for me.
_
5. Food. I love Asian food in general, but Japan has more food I like than any other Asian country. I haven't had sushi in a while because it's rather expensive, but the remembering of the taste of wasabi on my last salmon sushi I had leaves tingles down my spine. I've never been able to get ahold of any tea here in the US that tasted as good as the tea I had while in Japan. Udon, Sushi, Sukiyaki, Dango, Wanko Soba, Miso Soup, Onigiri, all amazing.
_
6. As a citizen of Hot Springs Arkansas it's kinda my duty to like Hanamaki Japan. Hanamaki Japan is our Sister City. My homestay family who I care about dearly lives there. Oh God, I didn't need to get it back into my mind how I miss them. It's nearly been four years! four years! I'm going crazy! They were so nice it's beyond words. Much better individuals than I am.
_
7. This may go along with the first world thing, as well as be rather stereotypical, but all my favorite arts/entertainment comes from Japan. It's a pain in the butt to get Japanese stuff abroad, with region codes, rarity in stores, lack of selection in even online sites like yesasia, everything always dubbed and changed so much that you just want to import everything, ect. But ordering online is a pain in the butt. In Japan it's all right in front of you. And oh hey the person I have MASSIVE celeb crush on is from Japan.
_
8. May be redundant/similar to the media reason, but fashion. From the traditional fashion like the kimono and yukata, to the modern fashions like decora, lolita and all the other western fashions I like.

This text is admittedly copypaste of something I said at another forum. With reasons 9 and 10 cut off due to embarrassment.

Michelliej
Jan 7, 2008, 17:49
My interest for Japan are, manga & anime, the language and the food.

I like manga & anime, it's fun to watch. it's very funny. I like also cuz it's draw very beautiful.

The food, is very delicious. My friends know how to make sushi, so with her b-day party we're going to make sushi :gohan:

And the language. Is soo cool, i'm going to learn it to. :p

and the music

Heather
Jan 23, 2008, 17:12
I voted for almost everything. Love Japan.

K_von
Jan 25, 2008, 07:03
i practically like everything!! XD especially anime, games, music, and language

mannyS14
Feb 1, 2008, 05:42
anime, girls, language, culture, but above all...cars!!!

Mariat_San
Feb 1, 2008, 05:55
Well, as I was small; I watched anime, went to Judo and Karate... and somehow the interest has grown in the past years very much.

Today, I'm doing Kendo, drawnig manga and learning (a bit^^) japanese, and my goal is; somewhere in the near future visit Japan for 1-2 months.

I also like the jap. style (buldings, gardens, rooms,...) and I'm very interested in the history of Japan.

Of course all the technology things... I wonder with which things zhey come up next...
Also my favorite game-console (PS!!!) comes from there^^

The only thing i don't really like is Japanese Food (I hate fish :sick: ) and also J-Rock/J-Metal... because, Japanese is yet a beautiful lenguage for me, but not in Music/Songs -_-

kurarisa74
Feb 1, 2008, 16:46
I love almost everything about japan but most of all I love their food, anime, manga, fashion and language. There are many cute, interesting, strange things you can find here as well.

kawaiifan
Feb 19, 2008, 14:26
I love all things from Japan.. Anime, Kawaii things, oh.. and of course Japanese Sweets...Japan also has many wonderful cute design!! Food of course and language is very polite (Hard to learn though). Would love to visit again!!

Valashu-kun
Feb 20, 2008, 18:29
Anime and Manga got me into Japan since i was small. I really love both. then after some basic research, the "shame and honor culture" made me want to experience Japan first hand. (booked a 21 day trip this August)
but I also like the hotsprings, nature, girls and the people in general.
I also read 1 of the replies, wich said we like things in Japan because we dislike stuff at home. I think thats very true. relligions and the culture itself is something I definitly dislike of the west.

The only problem is that i REALLY dislike fish, wich will be a problem i think -.-' dont think ill say 'Okawari!' in restaurants that often. but ill definitly try some. for instance Ramen, wanted to eat that since i first saw Naruto eating it at episode 2.

uchimizu
Mar 9, 2008, 04:57
Hi,

I may be atypical here in that I did not have any special interest in manga, anime, or even martial arts when I started learning japanese.

I had the vague notion of an orderly and respectful country (which struck a chord to me as it is so different to my home country), and the idea that it was a rich and high tech country where I would certainly have work opportunities. All of this was more than 10 years ago.

Then, the reasons I stuck so long with Japan was the quite pleasant life there (refined food and art of living...), and some wonderful japanese friends (my family while in homestay) who helped me many times. Several years later, I also had an opportunity to work there, but it turned out working in Japan is a bigger challenge than what I imagined).

MadarameSan
Apr 9, 2008, 16:23
Ohayo!

Well, I really want to go to Japan because of anime/manga, and videogames.
My real Otaku spirit popped out, when i was watching Genshiken for the first time.
I was like i stepped in a whole new world!
Now i've already planned my trip to Japan [this summer], and i'm also learning as much as i can about the japanese culture and language.
I just can't wait! When i'm in Tokyo, i probably take the first train to Akihabara [this is the area where you can buy all kinds of animes, doujinshi's, manga's, posters and so on]. Akihabara is also known as *the* Otaku area, so i think it's a great experience to go there. It's fantastic!:cool:

I love Japan!

suz135
Apr 10, 2008, 11:25
The culture here is amazing, such a unique fusion of ancient and modern customs. One custom I really like is sitting seiza. Its so Japanese.

ganeshgiri
May 20, 2008, 05:08
i m intesting on japanes people because they are very fair

Yan
Jun 14, 2008, 21:57
I'll describe to you a little bit of my personnality. I'm living in a little town of 3 000 people but I'm fascinated to big cities in particular when they are modern and overcrowded. I like Montreal, I like Toronto, I like New York and all big cities. In the background of my computers, I always put a big picture of different cities in the world. In Japan, there's a lot of modern big cities. There's Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and a lot of other cities. That's one of the reasons why I love Japan.

I also love Japan because of girls. Everybody has his own preferences about girls. Me, I like japanese girls because of their eyes, their face and all of that. I also like thin girls. Here in North America, a lot of girls are fat but in Japan, they are small and there's more thin girls (I'm not telling that there's no fat girl because it wouldn't be true to say that).

I like electronic and all this stuff. You know, Japan is the electronic country. All compagnies like Sony and Nintendo are from Japan. All our TVs are made by the Japanese compagny Sony. That's another reason why I love Japan.

There's also a question of politics. After the Hiroshima desaster, tell me if I'm wrong but I don't remember that Japan participated to wars. There's a Japanese army in Iraq but they are not there for war, they're only there for humanity help.

In conclusion, I have hundreeds of reasons why I love Japan. I wouldn't have enough of one day to write all my reasons. My mom and dad told me often that Japan isn't a good place to live because there's a lot of earthquakes and because it's overcrowded. They have their reasons and I have mines so I don't care of what they think about that because I'm like that and I'll never change.

Kayumi
Jul 27, 2008, 19:04
I like japanese people, japanese history and culture, eletronics, there's so many things Japan has to offer, that I don't even know of, but basically that's it.

Jrock_Rocks
Sep 20, 2008, 04:22
I'm Interested in everything about Japan, I love their culture,food, music, religion, language, Manga/Anime and everything else thats on the Poll

tamada
Sep 23, 2008, 05:58
i love japan for it movie and drama and pepole kind in it i love all things in japan

i have to be a kind person in this site and i have to be frindship with japanes pepole

~Monophobia
Oct 12, 2008, 17:47
My interest for Japan come thanks to the music and mangas .
Without them I couldn't know the culture of Japan, which <I'm interested in .
I'm also interested of the people, they look to be really nice and helpful .
That attractive me to go in Japan .
The food too, I would like to know more about food . Because it's not only Sushi, Maki ..etc it's more than that!!

It can be really nice to see the gardens, temples ..etc
I really want to go there .

Gackt21
Oct 12, 2008, 21:50
The Japanese stuff I am into,
Anime/manga
Martial Arts
Japanese Language
Japanese Food
Jpop/jrock
Traditions
Japanese Friendship

Amathev
Oct 13, 2008, 04:45
I love lots of things about Japan, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's the food.

olosta
Oct 15, 2008, 19:31
Well, it started classicaly, with anime and then manga. Butr soon my interests spread...because I studiet fine-arts. I am interested in japanesse painting but as well in modern graphic and proiduct design, because the ideas are so fresh and intraditionall and japanesse traditional in the same time. And I am interested in japanese history, mostly the heian time and then the bakumatsu and meiji-revolution-times.Well and I love japanese food, I have chopsticks at home and I eat just everything with them. I like, how the food looks like, but I also like the taste, it is not so sharp as the chinese or vietnamese kitchen, but delicious.
And lately I listen to j-rock, but I love the traditional music too, but it is really difficult to find.

Taichan
Nov 26, 2008, 19:12
Yeah xD Started with manga xD After that I fell in love with J-rock and J-rockers.
Right now I am in middle of downloading three new concerts xDD
I think I should start cure that

Knigar
Nov 28, 2008, 09:24
i have always been interested in Japan, probablt started with me watching fist of the north start about 10 years ago and then grew into manga and anime, although I don't really watch or read those any more. I enjoyfilms like Zatoichi & I have been to rock in japan 2007 which i would love to do again.

I hear that mountain biking in Japan has some very good places and it is something I do everyweek in England & Wales

Zulan Grey
Dec 23, 2008, 09:56
I like Jupan culture. The themes is liked me:
Manga & Anime. - Is not all, but some ideas from that. It`s may be not standaring and some unexpected.
Video games. - May be, may be... But it is not my own interest.
Culture in general. - Yes of course! It`s not ordinary :)
Japanese people (friendship or more). - Yes. But I have not yet friends from Japan.
Japanese language - try to learn it (Nihongo no benkyosite imas. Ima va sita des :( ).
Religion (shinto, buddhism, zen...). I have interest to it. No form but internal ideas.

kendoka
Dec 26, 2008, 06:14
... and creativity (world wide business, technology, etc...)

Dutch Baka
Dec 26, 2008, 09:06
Funny that I have never posted in this thread.

History
Anime
Culture
Food
Language
TV (it's totally different from Dutch TV... not sure if it's better though)
My wife

Incognito69
Dec 28, 2008, 16:04
I'm interested in most of the above. But the thing which attracted me the most was the language. After learning the language, I got interested in anime and manga and from there, it branched off to all different fields like Japanese Rock Music, tradition and culture, food. As for Japanese Religion, I'm more interested in knowing what's the difference between Japanese Religion and our own local religions =)

BloodDripsOnSnow
Jan 2, 2009, 16:36
It's funny my dad say's Nissen with the short i, and not Nisan I try to correct him Nissen is a bread company from where I'm from and Nisan is the car company from Japan. My dad loves old cars and he has a collection of them. The only Asian car he owns is a Korean sports car that the name for it means Shark in Spanish. Since some of the Biggest car companies going bankrupted in my country we gonna have to look to Asia to get our cars because the Japanese and Koreans know how to make their cars. But what about the Japanese men? This is not all a mans world There are girls out there who like boys.... And I do find the boys in Japan very Good looking.:lol::bow:

Ukonkivi
Jan 2, 2009, 16:48
Seriously not enough votes for religion.
Shinto is great!

melon
Jan 11, 2009, 01:17
woooww..i choose all :lol:
well,,it's hard to just pick up 1 or 2..
but above all,,i'd say culture,,language,,and food.. :D

lovejapanese
Jan 13, 2009, 15:27
I grew watching Japanese movie, anime . my dream one day is to live in Japan maybe 6 years from now i will be there!!!

Aqua Lung
Jan 29, 2009, 16:15
Culture. No other interest really. When in Japan, I do enjoy watching Sumo Wrestling though, when they televise the tournaments.

kusojiji
Jan 29, 2009, 17:48
What do you mean "when they televise the tournaments"?

Aqua Lung
Jan 29, 2009, 18:35
When they bring TV cameras into auditoriums during national Sumo Tournaments, like in Tokyo and Nagoya. I've been in Japan at the time some of these tournaments have taken place. They were televised (apparently) on a daily basis.

kusojiji
Jan 29, 2009, 20:04
When they bring TV cameras into auditoriums during national Sumo Tournaments, like in Tokyo and Nagoya. I've been in Japan at the time some of these tournaments have taken place. They were televised (apparently) on a daily basis.

Right, ALL of the annual pro tournaments are televised. I guess your wording is what confused me.

Torga
May 24, 2009, 23:49
I'm interested in everything but especially in the culture and the people as well a bit of the religion and the food.

Putrefaction
May 25, 2009, 03:24
Language, not so much culture.

amaterasuka
Jun 2, 2009, 01:29
Everything pretty much except for the arts and Music, Love the food, animation, Shintoism, and History especially the previous Shogunates.

Sarawasti
Jun 5, 2009, 07:17
I love almost everything about Japan except for the music, I'm learning the language now.... Love it!g:cool:

ilabpurpledan2x
Jun 5, 2009, 23:40
I like the manga, drama & technology in Japan..
Mangas are quite popular..
I love reading them..
The dramas are awesome too, I love YAMAPI!
I'm also interested in the tech that they bring..

charlosian
Jun 15, 2009, 12:47
The main thing that interested me in Japan growing up was technology. Then I started to study the language in college, and the interest grew.

konruk
Jun 15, 2009, 22:55
Culture in general for me

harrystone
Jul 20, 2009, 22:38
Japanese video games are good. and also the electronics

maurytattoo1
Jul 27, 2009, 19:24
Japan is the best country in all our the world.

Jordan X Anthony
Jul 31, 2009, 10:14
Culture, food, fashion and great photography opportunities.

akaitsume1
Jul 31, 2009, 10:24
I had to pick all of the above. It started out as an interest in the history and culture through anime (Inuyasha and the warring states era got me intrigued about their mythos, history, and daily lives), became a forbidden fruit language interest (my high school didn't teach it, so, naturally, I desperately wanted to learn it), and finally just grew into an overall fascination and appreciation for the country and its culture.

badger
Aug 26, 2009, 03:25
For me it is the culture,the food,and i love to travel, i have visited Japan 6 times now.

creativweg
Sep 25, 2009, 20:31
Beauty Japan video
youtube.com/watch?v=uaKa2L0b9o8 :-)

makiyoyoable
Oct 21, 2009, 18:52
I like Japan since it is the Land of the Rising Sun and a country with mach traditional old culture.

nowadays, they are more Americanised, but I like the surviving traditional culture and the respect for elders

:D:D:D

masatoshi
Nov 7, 2009, 00:25
japanese soccer! nippon daihyoooooooooo :) nippon hatsu gooooruuu :)
i know shinji ono in person ;) my favourite japanese player.

of course i like all what is japanese, but still i dislike the superficial things about modern japan, like forgetting what japan really is..
i thing teenagers in japan start to forget important thing about who they really are..

jonedan
Dec 15, 2009, 20:16
If I went to Japan I would 1st want to go to Kyoto rather then Tokyo. It seems more peaceful and spiritual over there. My teacher that lived there for one year said so.

Thanks.

hepta
Dec 16, 2009, 13:47
For me, it's Japanese manga. Nothing else.

0MasterShark
Feb 2, 2010, 22:44
Anime/Manga, Food, Language, and Culture in General.

Zatoya
May 29, 2010, 17:15
I like the culture but traditional stuff sometimes get pretty weird. Kabuki and old songs are so disonnant it sounds almost barbarous. Its odd how an old and refined culture like Japan could produce such terrible music. I feel it belongs to another culture than the beautiful kimonos and curved roofs. Imagine if Queen Victoria was listenning to a band of tribal drum players dancing around a fire like savages in the confort of her palace. It's like trying to feed carrots to lions. You know instinctively that something is wrong. Well that was my impression when I first heard Kabuki.

ninigi
Nov 15, 2011, 18:55
I like Japanese History (especially the Origins of Japan!), Shinto, LOVE Japanese Food, Japanese women are very beautiful! Japanes animes are great, I like the Japanese Rock Group called the Pillows! I like Samurai Movies. I hope to visit Japan some day, it is a fascinating and beautiful country! I love Japanese Music and Legends! The music is very different, very beautiful, the history of the islands is incredible!

Minty
Jan 25, 2012, 04:24
I have to say food, but also their economy and politics and how those things influence me as an individual.