PDA

View Full Version : Are chinese eyes and vietnamese eyes alike?

gunblade007
Mar 14, 2009, 17:26
i'm not trying to be racist in fact i love the asian people and their culture. heck alot of people even say my eyes look asian since i have small eyes but i'm white. i know alot of people the vietnamese and chinese are different but i kind of see simple things about 'em like some of the names and their culture,etc.

Mycernius
Mar 14, 2009, 20:05
Essential they are the same. It is due to what is known as the Epicanthic Fold and is prevelant in east asia. Here is a wiki article on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthal_fold

gunblade007
Mar 16, 2009, 14:10
thanks Mycernius
i just always heard you can tell the japanese and chinese apart from their eyes. since the japanese have sideways eyes and the chinese have straight eyes.

undrentide
Mar 16, 2009, 16:24
thanks Mycernius
i just always heard you can tell the japanese and chinese apart from their eyes. since the japanese have sideways eyes and the chinese have straight eyes.

I wonder where you've got such an idea...
You cannot identify whether the person is Japanese or Chinese just because of the shape of eyes. (Also wonder what are sideways/straight eyes - but no, no need to explain the details, as I don't think I'll be happy to know the answer.)
:sick:

Mycernius
Mar 17, 2009, 01:22
thanks Mycernius
I don't know where you picked that little gem up from, but it is false.

lazyluan
Oct 10, 2009, 17:32
I think you can't distinguish them from the eyes ,but the personality and the way they do things are quite different. I can distinguish them usually at the first sight.