PDA

View Full Version : Do you decorate your house for Xmas ?

Maciamo
Dec 19, 2006, 04:15
Personally, I don't care enough about Xmas decorations to buy some, spend time putting balls on the tree... Then a fir tree is messy, losing all its needles. Plastic ones are ugly. I am satisfied with the great streets, squares and shops illuminations in my city.

Goldiegirl
Dec 19, 2006, 05:56
I like lights. I got the LED lights when I was in Japan. They are awesome and so bright. I place lights on the bushes outside my front door and I have a tree that is covered in ornaments that I have collected since I was a child. It's not a gorgeous tree like at the malls and stores, but it's full of good memories for me. Also, I have lots and lots of candles out and I light them every night. I love candle light. :)

Uncle Frank
Dec 19, 2006, 06:05
I used to love a live tree and all the trimmings,but with no children and two cats, it's not practical anymore. Now we have just an 18 inch ceramic tree we turn on for a few days around Xmas, nothing else.

Uncle Frank

:-)

Goldiegirl
Dec 19, 2006, 06:52
Frank...you should put a tree up for the cats. They would love it! A real tree is best! MMM....all the good smells for them, and all that good wood for scratching! :)

Kinsao
Dec 19, 2006, 09:01
I put up a tree with lights and decorations, in my front window. I like to turn the lights on in the darkened room, and also know that they are visible from outside. :-) I like it simply because it looks pretty. I always get a real tree; for some reason I just prefer them. I like to bring the real tree into the house because I feel a link with "pagan" traditions. :-) I also put holly around the house.

I don't generally put up the tree many days before Christmas, but this year I put it up yesterday (or rather, Sunday... midnight has already passed now XD) because I'm going away for Christmas and wanted to enjoy it before I leave. :p

I also put up decorations around the house, but I am not so bothered about those because imo they make the place look cluttered. >_< My main decorations I wouldn't consider doing without are tree and holly. ^^" I also put my cards on strings because it keeps them neater than standing them about, and that makes a decoration in itself. :-)

sabro
Dec 19, 2006, 09:32
My wife does most of the decorating. I don't know about "balls and fairy lights", but definitely lots of lights and other decorations. I love having a tree. I potted/live tree is best and when we are done with it, we can plant it in the forrest.