PDA

View Full Version : Help in finding source for terracotta warriors

Joshua
Nov 16, 2006, 17:36
I have started purchasing Chinese stone carvings and terracotta for landscaping my new property. I recently heard about the terracotta warriors from Xi’an China. Does anyone know a website that sells high quality authentic warriors from Xi’an that I could purchase for my garden?

epigene
Nov 16, 2006, 17:39
Authentic terracotta warriors for your garden?

I have a feeling that they belong in museums... :relief:

miki78
Nov 16, 2006, 17:49
Do you mean replicas coz they would never let you have the real thing ^^;;

there priceless do they still encase the tomb or did they remove them?

BTW that os one cool flag

Wait are we talking about the same warriors (zones put)

nice gaijin
Nov 16, 2006, 18:24
That would be the most expensive lawn gnome ever.

Supervin
Nov 16, 2006, 22:38
You could try this: www.terracottawarriors.com

Mycernius
Nov 17, 2006, 01:11
I have moved this to Chinese History, as it is Chinese history, not Japanese:-)

Do you mean replicas coz they would never let you have the real thing ^^;;
there priceless do they still encase the tomb or did they remove them?
BTW that os one cool flag
Wait are we talking about the same warriors (zones put)
The soldiers are still in the tomb. Incidently I saw a programme not long ago about the tomb. In myth there is supposed to be rivers of mercury around the emporers casket. Recent tests on the soil show hign concentrations of mercury in the soil, so it looks like there were rivers round his casket.

Elizabeth
Nov 17, 2006, 01:21
I have moved this to Chinese History, as it is Chinese history, not Japanese:-)
The soldiers are still in the tomb.
Some have apparently been excavated by this point to undergo the whole tour thing though. I saw them last at the Edo-Tokyo Museum two months ago and I believe that exhibition is still going on.

Qutiepie
Nov 17, 2006, 05:26
We toured the excavated tomb complex in Xian last year on vacation there,an extraordinary archaeological site indeed.

As souvenir,we bought a gift box set of detailedly quality handi-work reproduction miniature terracotta warriors in size of 10" in height.

There was display exhibition of authentic life sized Qin Dysnaty's historical Terra Cotta Warriors toured major US metropolitan cities back in the late 1990's.

One US department store chain one time had replica life sized ( stood @ 6' in height ) on sale for several thousand US dollars each.