PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any addictions ?

Maciamo
Oct 30, 2006, 06:26
Addictions aren't just about drugs; they can be about anything that one cannot stop whenever they want because of a dependence, like the Internet, chocolate, sex, or whetever.

Satorian
Oct 30, 2006, 06:38
Carbohydrates. Seriously. Starting with sugar in sweets and ending with tons of rice, pasta and bread, I'm a regular carbohydrate junkie.

And that is followed by Internet access and media like anime and movies and books.

Combine them and you have a constantly-munching-while-watching-animes-24/7-in-a-window-while-browsing-Satorian. :relief:

I drink occasionally, about two times a month perhaps and don't smoke, while eating no meat, fish or poultry, so I'm living somewhat healthy otherwise.

And for some reason videogames stopped being fun for me. I can remember wasting away hours on different games years ago, but somehow that just vanished. I can't get into them and there are things I'd rather do than playing videogames. Very odd.

leonmarino
Oct 30, 2006, 07:23
I don't know if it's an addiction, but I love eating. It is actually my life's pleasure. :-) I can go for days, weeks and months without sex, alcohol or entertainment, but I have to eat good food sometimes!! (beyond the food I eat for survival reasons of course)

Tsuyoiko
Oct 30, 2006, 17:50
Internet, video games and books.

You know those questions someone poses that you just have to have the answer to? If I can't get to a computer and google it I feel like I will go crazy!

I don't really miss video games when I am not playing them, but once I start I find it very difficult to stop - I will sit there with my belly rumbling, my throat parched and dying to pee, just so I can finish this level or beat that boss. It's pretty sad.

And books. One of the reasons I hate work is that it takes valuable time away from all the books I have to read.

Seon-a Kim
Oct 30, 2006, 17:53
For me that would be; music (I need it almost 24/7, even at night or can't sleep), Internet (mainly forums), video game, TV (movies) and since recently again tobacco...although I could/can quit whenever I want without any tricks or rubbish like those gums.

Kinsao
Oct 30, 2006, 19:21
My addiction is playing my guitar; if I can't get to it for some reason I get all cranky, irritable and jumpy. :okashii:

Cue
Oct 30, 2006, 20:59
Interesting polls.
I voted for "alcohol" and "tabacco".
Don't need sex, no gambling, no drugs.
Oh, I forgot to vote for chocolate. :P

I was addicted to Internet a few months ago, but not anymore.

Cue

thistle
Oct 30, 2006, 22:29
The Internet, definitely has taken over as my addiction.
I could not get to sleep at night, and I feel irritated if I cannot
or don't have time to go on the computer.

]-wandering-raven-[
Oct 30, 2006, 22:57
I'm a Megalomaniac.

I really go insane if I don't hear music.

RockLee
Oct 30, 2006, 23:32
Internet, and mostly for communication. It's so convenient !
Besides that I like good food, chocolate, games for entertainment.

Most of all I'm addicted to company and girls xD !

DoctorP
Oct 31, 2006, 00:14
I find it interesting that once again you started a thread without posting your own addictions. You have a history of this. Is it that you don't have any vices?

Anchyyy
Oct 31, 2006, 00:37
Jref! I have to check it at least once a day if it's possible :giggle: This forum is like my second family ^^

Tobacco. I wanted to stop smoking but i couldn't. I don't have a strong will i guess :relief:

Other - I would say music. I quite like being addicted to music. It calms me a lot and makes me feel good :p

RockLee
Oct 31, 2006, 00:58
I find it interesting that once again you started a thread without posting your own addictions. You have a history of this. Is it that you don't have any vices?Give the man some time to reply. You're quite the nitpicker you know :rolleyes:

DoctorP
Oct 31, 2006, 03:14
What time? He posted yesterday at 6:30. Oh, are you referring that he may not want to post his addictions immediately so that no one would know what they were? In that case I guess replies are not expected?

RockLee
Oct 31, 2006, 03:29
It seems your addiction is moan and ***** about Maciamo every 5 damn minutes. There surely must be something more interesting than him ? :D

Satorian
Oct 31, 2006, 04:02
You know those questions someone poses that you just have to have the answer to? If I can't get to a computer and google it I feel like I will go crazy!

Some sociologists proposed an extended view of "personal knowledge", containing what one is able to access on the net within reasonable time. There is hardly any time difference between googling the answer to something or thinking hard about something that might have slipped your mind.
I wonder what this will mean in future times, where always-on PDAs or perhaps implanted computer devices turn us all into permanent nodes on the net.

ricecake
Oct 31, 2006, 04:04
I have ongoing addiction to " munchies " or snack foods,my mouth and right hand seem to work in tandem.:blush:

DoctorP
Oct 31, 2006, 04:33
It seems your addiction is moan and ***** about Maciamo every 5 damn minutes. There surely must be something more interesting than him ? :D

On the contrary. I haven't had much to do with him for several days now, and I really don't find him very interesting...actually quite boring now that you ask. I could respond to you with snide comments, but I won't go there.

My addiction is pointing out obvious observations to others who seem to be oblivious to the same. That, and keeping people in check when they try to overstep their bounds!:blush:

Ma Cherie
Oct 31, 2006, 05:18
My addictions are chocolate, JREF, and literature.

Damicci
Oct 31, 2006, 05:47
I like looking at women. Even though I have a girlfriend it is still hard not to stare. Maybe that is just a man thing.

How many people besides guys would actually acknowledge sex addiction?
I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of but some people. I don't need sex but it's nice to have it available when you get the urge.:-)

]-wandering-raven-[
Oct 31, 2006, 06:47
-+Lives in belgium and totally dislikes chocolate,definately by overdose.+-

The-Beautiful-Roses
Oct 31, 2006, 08:05
My biggest addiction is men. o.o The look of them, the taste of them.

Oh yeah and touching myself. Can't keep my hands off.

Satorian
Oct 31, 2006, 08:17
I like looking at women. Even though I have a girlfriend it is still hard not to stare. Maybe that is just a man thing.

I second that. It's fun sitting around at my university (35,000 students, >50% female in general, >70% in my studies at the moment) and just looking at the people and especially the women. What I find most intriguiing and most peculiar is that many seem to be unaware of their own preciousness. I feel like talking to every single one to make sure they realize how special everyone of them is.

Humans. Odd folk.

Maciamo
Oct 31, 2006, 16:57
-wandering-raven-[;396562']I'm a Megalomaniac.
I really go insane if I don't hear music.

I think you confused the French word "melomane" (music lover) for "megalomaniac" (delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence). :p

]-wandering-raven-[
Nov 1, 2006, 04:41
Interesting,another fact to correct my eng teacher on.
I already was wondering about it,the dutch word also being melomaan

And you wonder how come I get jealous so easily.......:souka:

DoctorP
Nov 1, 2006, 05:04

Doesn't this type of post just make you feel all "warm and fuzzy?" :-)

]-wandering-raven-[
Nov 1, 2006, 05:26
If the warm and fuzzy feeling is not trusting somoneone...yeah..

The-Beautiful-Roses
Nov 1, 2006, 08:30
-wandering-raven-[;397054']Interesting,another fact to correct my eng teacher on.
I already was wondering about it,the dutch word also being melomaan
And you wonder how come I get jealous so easily.......:souka:

:blush: I don't wonder anymore. :blush:

-wandering-raven-[;397066']If the warm and fuzzy feeling is not trusting somoneone...yeah..

You know you love me.

retrodisease
Nov 1, 2006, 08:54
ADDICTIONS ARE REALLY HARD FOR ME TO DEFINE BECAUSE I GO THROUGH SO MANY OF THEM. WELL I DO SOMETHING SO MUCH THAT I GET TIRED OF IT AND LOOK FORWORD TO MY NEW OBSESSION.

PAINTING, ANALYZING LITERATURE, POETRY OF ALL KINDS (EVEN THE DARK ROMANTIC AND TRANSCENDALIST)
LISTENING TO GOOD MUSIC AND DAYDREAMING.
OR DANCING TO IT PRETENDING I AM SOMEWHERE BEAUTIFUL OR IN SOME DESOLATE BATTLEGROUND WATCHING OVER THE RESTING PLACES OF THOSE VALIANT SPIRITS.
OH AND MOST OF ALL, ATTENTION AND HAVING EXTENSSIVE CONVERSATIONS WITH RANDOM PEOPLE.
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE FAR AND FEW WHEN YOU JUST OPEN UP TO THE WOLRD AND GET PAST YOUR FEARS. NOW I HAVE NEW ADDICTIONS.
SO HA:wave:

]-wandering-raven-[
Nov 4, 2006, 00:54
:blush: I don't wonder anymore. :blush:

You know you love me.

Or do i?

:wave:

nyuuuu >_>

moffeltoff
Nov 4, 2006, 03:01
Clothes, trying to make myself look good and just recently academic sucess (BUT I AM NOT A NERD!!!).
Oh yeah and beer I really like beer ever tried Licher if you havn´t you really should.

Lady Blue
Nov 4, 2006, 09:40
Well, sex is not like an ADICTION (yet), but I think it could become, which is kind of making me worry...it is at the point of obsession. :worried: You just made me get a serious thought to it.

But chocolate is... :p

DoctorP
Nov 4, 2006, 16:02
Where are all these women coming from that have sex addictions? And where were you 10 years ago?

Revenant
Nov 4, 2006, 16:27
Coffee, I always feel just a bit off when I don't get my coffee.

I don't really miss video games when I am not playing them, but once I start I find it very difficult to stop - I will sit there with my belly rumbling, my throat parched and dying to pee, just so I can finish this level or beat that boss. It's pretty sad.Apart from the waiting to pee part, I was the same. I'd even start playing an RPG after dinner and then look out the window to see the horizon beginning to light. It's one of the reasons why I haven't bought a new console.

Carlson
Nov 4, 2006, 16:45
Lets see, in order listed on the poll.

Internet, Video Games, Sex, Work, & Other

Other would be caffine

Uncle Frank
Nov 4, 2006, 21:54
I didn't know how bad I needed the chat room to survive till it crapped out. I'm fading away to a shadow without it. It is my " cabin fever repel medicine " for Maine winter which is fast approaching.

Uncle Frank

PS - Anyone figure out how to repair chat yet ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

thomas
Nov 5, 2006, 00:34
I didn't know how bad I needed the chat room to survive till it crapped out. I'm fading away to a shadow without it. It is my " cabin fever repel medicine " for Maine winter which is fast approaching.
Uncle Frank
PS - Anyone figure out how to repair chat yet ?

Ouch, that's a whole lot of question marks, Frank. I have reinstalled the chat once again, but haven't found any solution yet. Won't be giving up though.

Uncle Frank
Nov 5, 2006, 01:53
Hate to hold your feet to the fire Thomas; but I have no life without chat, LOL.

Uncle Frank

:blush:

PS - Thanks for trying hard at least; I'll save you a spot in heaven!

]-wandering-raven-[
Nov 5, 2006, 02:46
-+slaps frank+-
Cool down buddy.
when chat on jref fails..
make sure you have something to back up like my
250+ Msn contacts.
80+Aim contacts
Gaiaonline forums
Drowtales forums
>_>

I remember a day when jref and all of the above were down..

I went loco.

Kinsao
Nov 6, 2006, 19:05
I was without the internet for a couple of days last week and hadn't realised until then exactly how much I'm addicted to it. :bluush:
When I'm away from home, I don't miss it at all, for several weeks, because I'm busy doing other things. :)
But when I'm at home and don't have it.... O__O
I didn't think I used it that much.
But then I realised that I switch on the computer just briefly each night before I go to bed, to check my emails and chat with a few people before I turn in.
It's become part of my bedtime routine! :souka:
And without it I feel a bit isolated. =(
I can't just pick up the phone and call my mates when it's the middle of the night.

Zaff
May 24, 2007, 18:21
Alcohol, Sex, Games, Programming, Internet, Anime. There not really addictions as I'm sure I could go without. But while I am young and able I want to try and enjoy my life to its fullest with the above and more.

Homerduff
Jun 9, 2007, 20:51
Internet and soft drinks but im trying to reduce the last one. Drinking sparkling water is ok but I just can't drink ordinary water all day..

Food probably to although im luckely not the kind of person who gets fats quickly. Maybe that's why I should pay even more attention to what I eat..

Goldiegirl
Jun 9, 2007, 21:24
I have had coffee every morning of my life for over 10 years now. Is that an addiction? I mean I have coffee all day long, but I MUST have it in the morning otherwise I am cranky and can't concentrate. Diet pepsi every day too. I really love Pepsi Nex in Japan. I go through fads when it comes to food. Right now it's Pad Thai Noodles from Noodles (the chain restaurant) with tofu. :)

bakaKanadajin
Jun 9, 2007, 22:32
I think there's a difference between addiction and having to spend time on the internet to do things (look things up, check mail, chat).. thats more like Internet dependence. Addicition is when you can't log off and there's no reason for you to be online and you're still there. When I've run out of things to do online and there's nothing left I wanna see I log off and go to bed. That being said, I spend enough of my free time on it I'd say its a bit of an addiction still.

My only true addiction is my car. I meticulously clean it, pamper it, take pictures of it for no reason, organize and reorganize things inside, research new products and accessories for it, sit in it, etc. It doesn't take much time out of my day but i'd definitely say I give it far more attention than is normal. I talk to it, praise it (rarely criticize it). I'm careful to only park it beside other cars which appear to be driven by careful individuals (those who have themselves parked perfectly and do not have a multitude of dings and scratches on their cars, those who have backed-in so when they leave they're less likely to make an error driving out normally as opposed to reversing out of the spot). She also has a name, Alexis.
:D

ferret
Jun 10, 2007, 09:26
Cigarettes, Booze, Playing my guitar and of course NUTS!
Thats why I enjoy reading these posts.
To be honestly perfect.

Kinsao
Jun 12, 2007, 18:40
I'm definitely addicted to my guitar and keyboard. If I have to spend more than a night away from at least one of them I get tense and irritable. :kanashii:

kinsey87
Jun 13, 2007, 20:51
Hehe, I have to constantly be doing something, whether listening to music, reading a book, playing video games, going through the internet, even my guitars play a part in it, hehe, and programming of course. Pretty much all the time I am playing Final Fantasy XI, I am listening to music, while playing guitar, I might be looking through the internet or reading a book.

Dutch Baka
Jun 13, 2007, 21:03
Guess my addictions are my wife, and the internet... I really should get some more addictions (or should I say hobbies)

Ma Cherie
Jun 14, 2007, 10:56
My new addiction is tea, yup tea. Kind of surprised myself, although I still love Starbucks.

Kinsao
Jun 14, 2007, 22:28
....... and of course NUTS!

^ But of course! :lol:

justin
Jun 15, 2007, 07:20
Let's see dounuts, sushi, beer, video games, and all things japan.

EmperorHirohito
Jun 15, 2007, 08:06
Mine are the net,video games,tv and chocolate,and sex and tobacco.

Just a few..............

Flashjeff
Jun 15, 2007, 17:45
Addictions? Hmm! Let's see, I'll begin with the following:

http://www.pinkladyamerica.com/Resources/gallery38-6.jpeg

PINK LADY!!!!

Next comes anime, manga, Kool-Aid (especially grape, nectar of the gods!), superhero comics, barbecue flavored soy crisps, instant noodles (yum!), ESPN, monster movies, sports websites and JREF! Heh!

:-)

Raika
Jun 16, 2007, 23:02
Tamagotchi! I'm sooooooooo addicted to Tamagotchi.. I've got three active ones now, and after the exams I'm going to re-activate my 1997 version :P I currently have 1 V3 and 2 Jinsei V4..

Arch
Jun 16, 2007, 23:33
errrrrrrr....football.

Raika
Jun 17, 2007, 00:15
..oh, and Miyavi. Don't forget Miyavi :P 43 more days and I'll be seeing that rocking angel live in Germany!! :D zgood..

Where are all these women coming from that have sex addictions? And where were you 10 years ago?

..well.. ..I'm from Belgium (Europe) and 10 years ago I was 11 :P

Flashjeff
Jun 17, 2007, 19:11
Tamagotchi! I'm sooooooooo addicted to Tamagotchi.. I've got three active ones now, and after the exams I'm going to re-activate my 1997 version :P I currently have 1 V3 and 2 Jinsei V4..

Tamagotchi? Sweet jumping Jesus! You mean to tell me they still make those things??? I'm amazed!

:shock:

The-Beautiful-Roses
Jun 29, 2007, 14:13
Im addicted to intoxicating myself, the internet, hanging out with people, and eating yummy food.

MummyMia
Jul 10, 2007, 03:24
work is unfortunately my first addiction, then ciggie's then chocolate! thats why i'm addicted to work to pay for the second and third!!!!!!!!! oh and sex since I met my new hubby..............

DoshKel
Jul 11, 2007, 02:46
I have good addictions like music and art, but i'll post the bad vices:

Cigarettes, caffeine and lying.

marsans
Jul 18, 2007, 03:02
I'm addicted to browsing the internet, sometimes I just get lost in it.

ChibiSara
Jul 25, 2007, 17:40
I'm addicted to music ._. honestly, I can't live without it, I get really annoyed if I haven't listened to my music in a long time.

Other things are chocolate, cotton candy, lemons and watermelons. I just love them. I just do. MMKAY!?

RevengeBabyYeah
Jul 30, 2007, 23:52
Caffeine, sex, and other things I won't go into.
Can't live without the internet, books and music.
Diet Coke- though I guess that can be classed as caffeine. I get cravings for certain foods sometimes and I can't function unless I eat that exact thing. Anyone know what I mean??:D

Juno333
Aug 4, 2007, 23:44
I'm addicted to pretty much everything I touch. Better not go off the entire list ;p however very high ranked are: cafeine, chocolate, school(Maji??? hai!), sport, music(!!!), movies, internet, Jref(although that is part of the internet, it deserves an own category), Final Fantasy, books, Japan....(needed-for-survival-part of the list)...etc the list goes on forever...(animals, little children, bicycling, shopping, writing essays, icecream, alcohol, anime, Gilmore Girls....told you so, endless)....cute things, snow, Christmas, ice-skating, clothes, shoes(!), Aston Martin BD9 (haha, can't help it), art & architecture, quoting, drawing, languages, strawberries, peachflavor, milk, cherry labello, mushrooms, bathrobes and kimonos(haha), teddybears, the Lamas (omg that's sooo funny) and Life & Cooking too and ofcourse Shownieuws, is good for the laughing muscles too, consists of silly news about Dutch celebrities. Ow furthermore: baking pies, poetry, dancing(!!) and singing(although I'm less sure of my talent in singing than dancing, haha ^^)hmmm I am not going further, this list is too sad to be true! ;p
:blush::p

RevengeBabyYeah
Aug 7, 2007, 07:33
Juno- :D:D:D
Haha love that list.....

Juno333
Aug 8, 2007, 03:03
well thank you...haha I'm very proud of it. :blush: hihi silly me. :wave: