PDA

View Full Version : University graduate wields knife to make a living

Wang
Aug 6, 2006, 01:10
University graduate wields knife to make a living

By Xiao Guo (chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2006-07-31 18:09

When Zhou Long is wielding his knife on a pig, he doesn't look like the 24-year-old university graduate who majored in law from China's Southwest University of Political Science and Law (SUPSL) that he really is.

"I never expected that I would sell pork one day while I pursued my studies at school," he told the paper. "I started job seeking after my graduation from SUPSL in June last year but I faced great pressure as I failed to find a job," says Zhou. "I got the job selling pork at the supermarket with the help of one of my classmates," he said.

Zhou's story came as millions of graduate students face great pressure in entering the employment market and raised concerns over China's educational system. China will see 4.13 million college graduates this year, Minister of Education Zhou Ji said earlier this year.The so-called 'zero-salary' policy has emerged following the fierce competition.

Go here (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-07/31/content_653851.htm) to read the full news article.