PDA

View Full Version : How do you eat your spaghetti ?

Maciamo
May 10, 2006, 23:43
As it came up in the tabla manners thread, I am interested to know how you guys eat your spaghetti. I most usually use a fork and spoon, and occasionally only a fork.

Kinsao
May 11, 2006, 00:26
Good lord. Whatever will j-ref come up with next?! :souka: :D

I use a fork, twirl not cut, and occasionally a knife to push stray ends into place. :liplick:

ArmandV
May 11, 2006, 00:28
Good lord. Whatever will j-ref come up with next?! :souka: :D
I use a fork, twirl not cut, and occasionally a knife to push stray ends into place. :liplick:

Roughly the same.

MeAndroo
May 11, 2006, 00:39
I'm a twirler as well, though occasionally I'll get carried away in a style reminiscent of an I Love Lucy episode.

The spoon is only brought into play at a nice restaurant, and even then I find msyelf using it reluctantly.

RockLee
May 11, 2006, 01:05
I cut my spaghetti and eat it with only a fork

misa.j
May 11, 2006, 02:14
When there is meat to cut, like chicken permesean or sausages, I use a knife, but mostly I only use a fork and twirl my spaghetti.

When I was in Japan, I used to use a spoon when the sauce had a lot of liquid in it to not splatter because I heard that was the proper manner.

I've seen a person who cut his spaghetti into a bite size with a knife and ate it with a fork in US.

Ma Cherie
May 11, 2006, 04:15
I normally eat spaghetti with a fork, but it depends on what's in it (i.e. meatballs, sausage, etc.).

kirei_na_me
May 11, 2006, 04:17
I only use a fork.

sl0thmachin3
May 11, 2006, 11:11
I use a fork. It's fun to twirl spaghetti

ArmandV
May 11, 2006, 11:27
Gosh, this thread made me think of a documentary film I saw when I was a kid of the Italian spaghetti harvesters picking the spaghetti off the trees in Northern Italy.

elfwine
May 11, 2006, 11:50
Usually with fork only. Occasionally, fork and spoon. Aghh, I missed carbonara... hehe...

Hideki_Matsui_Beast
May 11, 2006, 11:58
I mainly use a fork, but sometimes I have been known to put it on some toast and make a sandwich.

Mikawa Ossan
May 11, 2006, 16:21
This is a strange thread, but...

I usually eat spaghetti with just a fork. Sometimes with the help of a spoon. If I have no choice, I'll use chopsticks, but as I am in the habit of slurping noodles that enter my mouth via chopsticks, it can make for a bit of a mess, so I really try to avoid it!

If there is extra sauce after the noodles are gone, I'll use a spoon without exception to finish it off!

Flashjeff
May 11, 2006, 16:49
I'm a fork man too! Half the fun of eating spaghetti is twirling it on your fork before shoveling it in your mouth!

:cool:

Minty
May 12, 2006, 05:34
I eat mine with fork and spoon, but my husband eats them with knife and fork.

Tsuyoiko
May 12, 2006, 17:53
I also use a fork and spoon. Minty and I are civilised compared to the rest of you barbarians ;-) :p

Flashjeff
May 13, 2006, 17:10
Okay, I can dig a fork, but a spoon??? You've got me all confused, Tsuyoiko! But I'm civilized with a "Z"! So there!

:D

Tsuyoiko
May 13, 2006, 19:26
Okay, I can dig a fork, but a spoon??? You've got me all confused, Tsuyoiko! But I'm civilized with a "Z"! So there!
:DWe will civilise you yet! Listen well, my padawan: take your spoon (preferably a soup spoon) in your left hand and your fork in your right. Lift a forkful of spaghetti onto the spoon, then twirl the fork around, using the spoon to hold the spaghetti as you twirl. When it is fully twirled, lift the fork to your mouth. If you get any on your chin you don't get any tiramisu! :D :p

Dutch Baka
May 13, 2006, 21:02
I have to eat it with a Fork and a Knife, and cut in into pieces haha... to long for me, and difficult to eat this stuff!!!

Flashjeff
May 14, 2006, 18:26
We will civilise you yet! Listen well, my padawan: take your spoon (preferably a soup spoon) in your left hand and your fork in your right. Lift a forkful of spaghetti onto the spoon, then twirl the fork around, using the spoon to hold the spaghetti as you twirl. When it is fully twirled, lift the fork to your mouth. If you get any on your chin you don't get any tiramisu! :D :p

Jeez Louise, boss! That sounds like a whole lotta work, just to be civilised! Especially for an admitted lazy bum like me! Heh! But I can live without tiramisu! Too many calories for my liking, and I'm trying to keep my weight down!

:D

Kyoko_desu
May 21, 2006, 04:56
At a restaurant, with a fork, but at home, with chopsticks.:blush:

epigene
May 21, 2006, 05:12
At a restaurant, with a fork, but at home, with chopsticks.:blush:
Kyoko-san must be really deft with chopsticks!

If I eat spaghetti with chopsticks, I get spots of tomato sauce all over my glasses... :emblaugh:

Normally, I use fork and spoon. :cool:

leonmarino
May 21, 2006, 05:54
I have to eat it with a Fork and a Knife, and cut in into pieces haha... to long for me, and difficult to eat this stuff!!!

And you're moving to Japan!? How are you gonna eat your udon, ramen, soba etc.. (笑)

Dutch Baka
May 21, 2006, 23:29
And you're moving to Japan!? How are you gonna eat your udon, ramen, soba etc.. (笑)

haha, yes terrible isn't :p weird thing is that I do can eat udon, ramen, soba etc without cutting it ;)

miu
May 22, 2006, 01:45
I use a fork and spoon - it's so much easier that way :haihai:

Kyoko_desu
May 22, 2006, 14:07
Originally Posted by epigene
If I eat spaghetti with chopsticks, I get spots of tomato sauce all over my glasses...
Ahaha, I get them all over my face!:gohan:

Glenn
May 22, 2006, 14:31
I lick mine up. *slurp, slurp*

Dutch Baka
May 22, 2006, 15:46
I lick mine up. *slurp, slurp*

That's just disqusting :p

Glenn
May 22, 2006, 15:57
But it's quick and easy! :D:D

leonmarino
May 22, 2006, 16:20
Personally I love slurping! Whether it's spaghetti, noodles, soup, wine of coffee, I slurp. It just tastes better! (I didn't make this up, the more oxigen you have in your mouth while eating/drinking, the better you can taste)

ishop
Aug 26, 2006, 14:33
I use fork only, and use cut and twirl method. Sometimes it helps to use garlic bread to shove it onto the fork.

Nicholas Tse
Aug 26, 2006, 20:56
I use chpsticks to eat all food! Even Slippery Fish ball!

DmJapan
Aug 26, 2006, 21:29
A spoon is a must!!!!!Well i can manage with only a fork but i prefer it when i have both of them.