PDA

View Full Version : Hard how is it to learn chinese?

justin9213
Mar 20, 2006, 04:21
Hard how is it to learn chinese?
How long will it take me to learn the basics?

Another Aoi Fan
Mar 21, 2006, 15:06
The characters are pretty hard but they have like... VERY, I mean VERRRYY little grammer at all.

Ma Cherie
Mar 21, 2006, 16:02
"Hard how is it to learn chinese?"

Do you know how this sounds?:souka:

dreamer
Mar 21, 2006, 18:24
Hum...I'd say that if you're willing to give it 10-15 hours/week, you can learn the basic in less than 3 months (if you're a total foreigner I mean)

Another Aoi Fan
Mar 22, 2006, 02:17
Hum...I'd say that if you're willing to give it 10-15 hours/week, you can learn the basic in less than 3 months (if you're a total foreigner I mean)
WHAT???? Every day for 12 years for an hour more like. Every day I study for at least an hour and try to speak with my parents the whole day for the past 12 years and I can only speak. Now then, image writing which is about... 10 times harder then speaking.

Glenn
Mar 22, 2006, 03:24
The characters are pretty hard but they have like... VERY, I mean VERRRYY little grammer at all.

Where are you getting this idea that there is "VERRRYY" little grammar?

dreamer
Mar 22, 2006, 20:58
WHAT???? Every day for 12 years for an hour more like. Every day I study for at least an hour and try to speak with my parents the whole day for the past 12 years and I can only speak. Now then, image writing which is about... 10 times harder then speaking.
Well...the point is that you have to practice ^^
You can't compare a 15-20hours/week with a 1hour/week course.
You'd be surprised to see foreign student at my association who were barely able to read the alphabet in French going through our school's french program and be able to speak/read and write french without too much problems after only 2 months.
The same goes with a friend, he took a 3 months chinese course before he went to shanghai and he was able to survive there without too many problems.

Now it depends what you consider as basics...