PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite part of Tokyo?

Maciamo
Apr 4, 2004, 11:02
Tokyo is a huge city. It does not have one centre, but many, each with their own atmosphere and population type.

The youths go to Shibuya, the old to Sugamo or Asakusa.

Students are to be found north of the Imperial Palace, between Ueno and Nakano, where Tokyo University, Waseda University, Tokyo's book district (Jimbocho) and many other schools (notably around Kudanshita) are to be found.

Ginza is the luxury district. Aoyama is also bourgeois with a French touch.

Marunouchi, Otemachi and Nihombashi the main business/financial area. Shiodome has flashy skyscrapers.

Shinjuku has a bit of everything, but is overcrowded.

Personally, I like Central East Tokyo best, between Shiodome and Nihombashi, via Ginza. For modern buildings, restaurants and shopping, Roppongi Hills (although NOT the rest of Roppongi which is the area I dislike the most in all Japan), Shiodome and Shinjuku (EXCEPT Kabukicho).

For traditional districts, Fukagawa (http://www.wa-pedia.com/japan-guide/fukagawa.shtml).

yaschan
Sep 7, 2005, 01:48
I love Aoyama.

blade_bltz
Sep 7, 2005, 05:38
From my limited experience I'd say Shimo-Kita.

lv426
Sep 7, 2005, 06:03
So far shibuya, but I was only in Tokyo for 10 days. Didnt really like Osaka, infact for me it was the worst place I went in Japan :(

Harvey
Sep 7, 2005, 22:10
I love Osaka!

In Tokyo I would probably have to say Shimokitazawa as well, or Harajuku or Ebisu.

Shinsaibashi and Namba in Osaka beats them all though!

Mizuiro
Sep 10, 2005, 13:10
The Meiji Shrine Compound.. most definitely. Two mins from Harajuku!

innerfire
Sep 10, 2005, 13:36
i think it should be Kabukicho... :happy: