PDA

View Full Version : book suggestions on Chinese (CCP/PRC) war crimes/atrocities, please

lexico
Sep 1, 2005, 15:55
The topic of Japanese war crimes were raised and is being discussed. I understand that it does not sound friendly, but it lies in the past. I would like to know, in all fairness, and also out of genuine interest, of any books, articles or links regarding Chinese (CCP/PRC) war crimes/atrocities. Some of those may be related to Japan, but not necessarily. Any help or comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Pre WWI

WWI & II

1945-present

Mycernius
Sep 2, 2005, 01:32
I book I would recommend would be Jung Changs Mao. It doesn't really deal with war crimes as such, but it does give you an insight to the CCP and its attitude during WW2 in a few chapters, as the book mainly deals on how Mao became the leader in China and continued until he died.

lexico
Sep 2, 2005, 01:39
Thanks, Mike. Mao Zedong (Mao Tse Tong) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mao_Tse_Tong)'s biography would make a very interesting read. Nice of you to share ! :wave:

Tsukiyono
Sep 2, 2005, 03:55
I havent read this one personally, but this might fit into this category from what the description sounds like.

Hungry Ghosts : Mao's Secret Famine
This can be found on amazon.com

On a side note here, how do you add links into this forum? In most other forums i am able to just copy and paste it in, and it brings the link with it, that dont seem to work here.

lexico
Sep 2, 2005, 04:35
Thanks, Tsukiyono. :)
As for the grammar, let me put it with hyphens inserted.
Let us suppose the address of the doc. you want to link is www.abc.com/def.html. This is what it should look like in your edit page, less the hyphens.

syntx1:
[-url] www.abc.com/def.html [/-url] it will appear as
www.abc.com/def.html to the reader.

syntax2:
[-url= www.abc.com/def.html]Mao Zedong[/-url] it will appear as
Mao Zedong to the reader.

To link images,

syntax1:
[-url]image address[/-url] will appear as
image address until the reader clicks on it.

syntax2:
[-img]image address[/-img] will appear as a pic on screen.

Thanks for the input ! :wave:

Tsukiyono
Sep 2, 2005, 05:57
Thanks for the help Lexico :)

I have wanted to post the names of some books in other threads as well, and when i brought it over, it was just normal text, and the actual Amazon link is far to long to post, and that too also came over as a link.

But thanks for showing me what do to, so hopefully next time i can actually post a link instead of the name ;)

lexico
Sep 2, 2005, 06:05
NP, Tsukiyono. Here's some more information from the FAQ button. (click for yourself when you have the time.)

These are identical links written in syntax 1 and syntax 2:

http://www.wa-pedia.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode

vB codes (http://www.wa-pedia.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode)

If you want to see the innerds, just click "quote" as if to write a reply post. You can close it (IE back arrow or one of the top menus, "Jref top" or "User CP" will get you out of the quote-and-reply mode once you are done viewing) without actually posting anything; but you can have a good look at what is written under the message you see on screen. ;-)

curiouscreature
Aug 6, 2006, 11:44
The topic of Japanese war crimes were raised and is being discussed. I understand that it does not sound friendly, but it lies in the past. I would like to know, in all fairness, and also out of genuine interest, of any books, articles or links regarding Chinese (CCP/PRC) war crimes/atrocities. Some of those may be related to Japan, but not necessarily. Any help or comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Pre WWI
WWI & II
1945-present

war crimes = loser's crimes
if moving from loser to winner, who would commit the war crimes?

CBC Guy
Nov 3, 2006, 01:12
Pre WWI
WWI & II
1945-present

Ok, there was no CCP pre-WWI. It was formed only in 1921 I think? So there could not have been war crimes committed by the CCP before 1914.

WWII: China had a lot of war crimes committed against it, not the other way around. Remember, China had no one to commit its war crimes against. the war was on OUR soil remember.

1945-present: Ok, maybe there were some committed by "Volunteer Army" in Korea, a few isolated cases but other than that Mao's policies ruined China itself, not any other country. So technically its not a "war crime". Still don't like Mao though.