PDA

View Full Version : when you go to a Chinese restaurant

Dream Time
Oct 4, 2004, 11:07
my aunt works as an editor for a Chinese newspaper in Vancouver
she said that if you are not happy with the waiters
you should complain only AFTER you got all your food
and if you are not happy with the food,especially when it is not clean,and you ask them to change,check carefully before you eat it

not kidding,some cooks would put some 'extra' stuffs into the food if you piss them or the waiters off,
it was on a TV show, the boss of the restaurant put a camera in the kitchen,and he saw the cooks spit on the food and put all kinds of extra stuffs into the food

my family went to a Chinese restaurant a few days ago,to celebrate the Mid-Autumn festival,the waiters were so rude,my father complained
and in the food that my brother ordered,we all tried it and we suspect the cook put some WD 40 into the food
we asked the boss to come try the food,she did not even try it in front of us,she went straight to the kitchen to talk with the cooks
my brother have taken a piece of the food home,gonna take it somewhere to examinate it soon

jeisan
Oct 4, 2004, 12:18
i think thats all restraunts not just chinese ones...

kirei_na_me
Oct 4, 2004, 12:23
Yeah, I think that's a universal thing, unfortunately. :sick:

RockLee
Oct 4, 2004, 16:49
that's one reason why I prefer complaining AFTER I ate hehe... :blush:

Jungle Boy
Oct 4, 2004, 17:14
There was a Chinese restaurant about 40 mins away from where I live and it was shut down many years ago because a woman got some...er... "special sauce" in her rice.. No kidding. It was a cook who was disgruntled and fired, he decided to get some revenge..

Brooker
Oct 4, 2004, 17:46
Ever seen "Fight Club"? I'm sure the "gorilla terrorist of the food service industry" scene gave a lot of people ideas, if they didn't have them already.

Years ago I worked at Subway and a customer was really rude to me so I put a lot of horse radish into his sandwich hidden under the meat, but that's the worst I ever did.

King of Tokyo
Oct 5, 2004, 07:10
Years ago I worked at Subway and a customer was really rude to me so I put a lot of horse radish into his sandwich hidden under the meat, but that's the worst I ever did.

Hahahahaha.

Yeah. It's universal, Not just contained to Chinese Restaurants.

Fantt
Oct 5, 2004, 07:14
Most of the people that I know who have worked for restaurants from the Denny's level on down (to McD's, Wendy's, etc) have said that if you knew what they knew you'd NEVER eat at any of those places.

My favorite story is about Taco Bell. I knew a guy who worked there who said the boxes of ground beef they got were marked "USDA Grade D, but fit for human consumption."

Ewwwwww...

Mr. Just-A-Guy
Oct 9, 2004, 01:52
Except that in Chinese restaurants you will find hot chinese girls that isnīt a universal thing. >-D

Sinspawne
Oct 9, 2004, 03:03
True.. true.. the girls make it all worth while
-----------------------------------------

WD-40
Loosen rusted parts. Prevents rust. Cleans sticky parts and lubricates. Displaces moisture.

I don't think it's edible... Anything that disolves rust shouldn't be eaten. :haihai:

Winter
Oct 9, 2004, 04:41
I've interned in a few resturaunts, and the last one I worked at was a Japanese resturaunt, and the chefs in the kitchen basically ignored comments of the guests, since they were too busy competing with each other on creating the best dish.

Most of the waiters were too busy to do anything to the food, even if they wanted to.

tha_rippa1be
Oct 9, 2004, 04:55
True.. true.. the girls make it all worth while
-----------------------------------------

WD-40
Loosen rusted parts. Prevents rust. Cleans sticky parts and lubricates. Displaces moisture.

I don't think it's edible... Anything that disolves rust shouldn't be eaten. :haihai:
isn't that poisonous or something...? :?

Sinspawne
Oct 9, 2004, 05:38
I'm not sure if it's poisonous but most chemicals used in a garage are pretty nasty :-)