PDA

View Full Version : 'Crime manual' found in former yakuza office

Maciamo
Sep 28, 2004, 10:14
Japan Times : 'Crime manual' found in former yakuza office (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20040927a3.htm)

The 206-page book, titled "Special Top Secret Information," covers more than 100 items on successfully committing crimes, they said.
The police said each item is preceded with the warning, "Do so at your own risk."

In a section on how to steal wallets and other belongings on the street, the book says, "Let's do purse-snatching amid the ongoing economic slump."

The book instructs readers to bend the license plates if they use motorbikes for crimes, and said easy targets on the street are housewives coming back from their shopping, according to the police.

The book also provides such information as how to borrow money from loan sharks without having to pay interest.

Sounds like petty criminal hand book for amateur yakuza, doesn't it ?

Lina Inverse
Sep 28, 2004, 10:30
Guess stuff like that is a must read for any budding yakuza... you can't expect to find a book on good manners with them.

Satori
Sep 28, 2004, 12:25

Yes, it sure does! I always thought the yakuza were mainly involved in more serious crimes. I can't imagine them wanting to waste their time with "street punk" crimes like that. I didn't even think committing those kinds of crimes would gain anyone admittance into the yakuza world! :souka:

mad pierrot
Sep 28, 2004, 15:34
Not that I'd commit any crimes....
:nuts:

But it would still be an interesting read!
I wonder if anyone has tried buying rights to it.

okaeri_man
Sep 28, 2004, 22:47
bend your licence plates hey? i dunno if that would work, but it's worth a shot :D

DoctorP
Sep 28, 2004, 22:56
bend your licence plates hey? i dunno if that would work, but it's worth a shot :D

You actually see it done all of the time.

PaulTB
Sep 29, 2004, 00:13
The book also provides such information as how to borrow money from loan sharks without having to pay interest.
That bit sounds like a manual for how to get your knees capped.

God
Sep 29, 2004, 00:41
Can i find a copy at amazon.com?

lol

tricking a loan shark....hmm... interesting....yet manipulative...

Let's title the book.

Anarchist's Cookbook 2

Since we American's kinda have something like that already.

Mike Cash
Sep 29, 2004, 18:00

The majority of bike license plates are bent upwards. Same on lots of trucks, but not quite as high a percentage as on the bikes.

A popular thing on cars from two or three years ago is semi-transparent plastic license plate covers. Originally, they had a reddish tint and were meant to keep overhead radar/camera combinations from photographing plates (to avoid speeding tickets). Now they're available in a variety of tints. All of which are illegal and can get you arrested for 証拠隠蔽.

Toshi
Nov 22, 2004, 11:20
when does that book come out i want to buy it! jk

Flashjeff
Dec 5, 2004, 21:26
Japan Times : 'Crime manual' found in former yakuza office (http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20040927a3.htm)

Can you imagine Tony Soprano authorizing something like that? He'd be deep-sixed from the Mafia faster than you can say "bada-bing, bada-boom!"
:D :D :D :D

JinKang
Dec 30, 2004, 05:02
The majority of bike license plates are bent upwards. Same on lots of trucks, but not quite as high a percentage as on the bikes.

A popular thing on cars from two or three years ago is semi-transparent plastic license plate covers. Originally, they had a reddish tint and were meant to keep overhead radar/camera combinations from photographing plates (to avoid speeding tickets). Now they're available in a variety of tints. All of which are illegal and can get you arrested for ؋B.

I heard that in Britain, they have a special spray paint that's clear and doesn't appear to naked eyes... but when you take a picture or film it, the license plate is all blurred. And apparently you can buy it in shopping malls (not at any particular store but by entrace kind of thing)

rickets
Jan 2, 2005, 04:55
quote (I'd love to get a copy of that..
Not that I'd commit any crimes....
But it would still be an interesting read!
I wonder if anyone has tried buying rights to it.)

I'D LIKE TO READ IT TOO,,TO SUPPLIMENT MY SECURITY TRAINING

ffrost_nova622
Jan 25, 2005, 04:58
hm yeah i want a copy too. but the part where to borrow loan sharks without interest...i dont believe that..once you borrow from them u have to or ese there goes a pinkie finger.

cookie85
Feb 10, 2005, 09:13
It doesn't surprise me 'cos Japanese people make manuals for everything!

Last week the police arrested a group that used to call people telling them to pay fortunes because their son, husband, etc. were involved in an accident (ore-ore sagi, or furikome sagi). This group had very detailed manuals on how to make the calls and tell those stories...

BlackenedEyes
Feb 13, 2005, 13:33
Hmm... ya know, my dad had one of those plate covers. they sell them at auto zone but i think they are a bit different than the illegal ones. I think his is just clear plastic to keep it clean.

ashuri2
Feb 17, 2005, 13:38
it's prolly a manual for noobs in the crime industry, so that the big bosses can concentrate on killing people and not have to train them to do the petty stuff.